Ask
    uharris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Senior care
    How to start a senior care agency
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 08:55 AM
    In theory it sounds like a really great business but unfortunately there are many pitfalls regarding senior care. Your workers would have to be licensed Personal Support Workers experienced in working with senior citizens in various levels of health problems. And you would have to have guidelines on exactly what the PSWs would do in the homes assisting your clients.

Here in Ontario there are only a few organizations and their clients are not accessed directly by them, but through a government programme hooked up to our hospital network.

PSWs in Ontario are under strict guidelines outlining our scope of practice. We are allowed to take direction from nurses but never ever do the same procedure again for a different client. We are not allowed to handle medication, and there is a good reason for this rule as you can imagine.

Go on line and research this opportunity, talk to business in the same line of work, to doctors and find out where your client base will come from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

Care provider or care giver. WHAT! [ 1 Answers ]

Why in some states like the Northwest and West coast fathers are viewed has the care provider and the mother the care giver, now I now the difference so don't get all technical with me, all I'm saying isn't that view and definition a little bias and favor the mother. Us as fathers have to provide...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

View more questions Search