Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2007, 06:36 AM
    What happens?
    Hi, Im not sure if I'm on the right board here (please forgive me if I am), or if there is a really obvious answer to my question.
    My question is, when people are buried in a graveyard/cemetary surely it only has enough room for a certain amount of bodies, what happens when a graveyard is full? People are being buried all the time, won't there come a day when there just is'nt enough room anywhere anymore?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2007, 06:47 AM
    When all the plots are sold the cemetery cannot sell anymore or accept any new burials. And yes, at some point in the future, there may be no cemetery space left. That's one reason for mauseleums and cremations.
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    When all the plots are sold the cemetery cannot sell anymore or accept any new burials. And yes, at some point in the future, there may be no cemetery space left. That's one reason for mauseleums and cremations.
    Thanks ScottGem, your answer was most helpful.:)
    leoneopjh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNiro
    Hi, Im not sure if I'm on the right board here (please forgive me if I am), or if there is a really obvious answer to my question.
    My question is, when people are buried in a graveyard/cemetary surely it only has enough room for a certain amount of bodies, what happens when a graveyard is full? People are being buried all the time, wont there come a day when there just is'nt enough room anywhere anymore?
    Hi
    I think your right about that graveyard thing but like one day there's going to be no more space for bodys and the sea might not be sea it might get fullup with dead peaple well you I am going to die so are u one of your freand you did no is probably dying right now
    Bye from leon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Yes, that will be a problem. Real estate is not cheap either. I see a trend here in that couples buy one plot and the first one who dies, of course gets buried first. When the spouse dies, that casket is placed on top. To conserve space. That already is being done at the ND Veteran's Cemetery. Cremations are on the rise as well as whole body donations to a medical school.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Some research reveals that at least a few other countries bury their dead upright!
    Makes sense to me.

And the Anthropological Research Facility (ARF) of the University of Tennessee, that accepts cadavers for forensic research, once had a difficult time acquiring bodies. That's no longer the situation. They now brag of a waiting list!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 06:09 PM
    I understand that in Japan they bury their dead for a few years, then disinter the remains and place them in a mausoleum due to lack of real estate.

I'm saving space. My will calls for me to be baked and shaked.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    I see a trend here in that couples buy one plot and the first one who dies, of course gets buried first. When the spouse dies, that casket is placed on top.
    This has been done to 2 family members of mine MANY years ago... well 22 years to be exact, so it's not all that new. My mother, when she goes, will be buried with my father in the same plot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search