Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Dumbledore.what do you think?
    Okay so JK Rowling made an announcement a few days ago that she thinks of Dumbledore (x headmaster at hogwarts from the Harry Potter books) as gay.
    So I was wondering what do other people think about this?
    Personally, I don't care... I can't see Dumbledore gay because my imagination has always seen him as metrosexual and the type of guy who was just too smart, or busy to find love.
    I also think it might be a publicity stunt, but it's hard to tell.
    Just let me know what you think about him being 'gay', do you think it's weird or did you always suspect it?
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Oct 31, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald
    Okay so JK Rowling made an announcement a few days ago that she thinks of Dumbledore (x headmaster at hogwarts from the Harry Potter books) as gay.
    So I was wondering what do other people think about this?
    Personally, I don't care...I can't see Dumbledore gay because my imagination has always seen him as metrosexual and the type of guy who was just too smart, or busy to find love.
    I also think it might be a publicity stunt, but it's hard to tell.
    Just let me know what you think about him being 'gay', do you think it's weird or did you always suspect it?
    I liked the Dumbledore who acted in the first two parts and even my kids liked him. I did not look at him as a gay but it does not mean that he must be a heterosexual. The recent announcement coud be a publicity stunt.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 06:12 AM
    I would have loved to see Dumbledore played by Sir Ian McKellen. I think McKellen has the natural twinkle in the eye that Rowling describes so often in her books. Then it would be easy to envision him gay. The character's sexuality doesn't matter to me and I don't believe it is a stunt.

When writing a character you need to have their whole bio in your head, some of the finer details never make it into the storyline. For instance, Dumbledore's sexuality had nothing to do with the story and wasn't pertinent. Rowling knows everything about the character since she created him and was just sharing how she perceived him to be.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Oct 31, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    I would have loved to see Dumbledore played by Sir Ian McKellen. I think McKellen has the natural twinkle in the eye that Rowling describes so often in her books. Then it would be easy to envision him gay. The character's sexuality doesn't matter to me and I don't believe it is a stunt.
    You know Ian McKellen is gay too, that would have been quite a good idea! Ha ha!

I think she's just trying to piss off all the Christians! Magic AND Gays! Despicable! Lol! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search