Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fushichouryuuko Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2005, 08:59 PM
    ISO Image
    I have this ISO file, but I can't seem to do anything with it. I tried mounting it with DAEMON Tools 3.46, but it gave me this error. :(

Cannot open the file "The file 'file_name.iso' was not found"

I also tried installing Undisker 1.2 and opening it with that, but it also gave me an error. :mad: Playing the DVD may be a problem, but I should at least be able to view the contents in the ISO file, shouldn't I?

This image is a DVD from Japan, so I don't know if that's part of the problem. I don't think it should be though. :confused:

If anyone has any recommended software or ways to solve this, please fill free to spill out your guts! :D I recently downloaded this file (14.31 GB) and I'm really hoping that it's not a corrupted file problem. (Took me 2 full weeks to download that! :eek: )
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 11, 2005, 04:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fushichouryuuko
    I have this ISO file, but I can't seem to do anything with it. I tried mounting it with DAEMON Tools 3.46, but it gave me this error. :(

I also tried installing Undisker 1.2 and opening it with that, but it also gave me an error. :mad: Playing the DVD may be a problem, but I should at least be able to view the contents in the ISO file, shouldn't I?

This image is a DVD from Japan, so I don't know if that's part of the problem. I don't think it should be though. :confused:

If anyone has any recommended software or ways to solve this, please fill free to spill out your guts! :D I recently downloaded this file (14.31 GB) and I'm really hoping that it's not a corrupted file problem. (Took me 2 full weeks to download that! :eek: )
    Since you did not state what Operating System you are using, I'm assuming it's Windows, as I don't know anything about MAC.

http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/

Try this or another program like it. Check out the above link, it explains what and how to work with *.iso files. Usually you need to 'burn' them onto a CD/DVD to make the programs installable. Over 14 GB is a pretty big file... but the app described in the link will give you capability to view the files. Sorry to say this, but downloads that large can often be currupt from the source and they just did not delete it, so don't be surprised if you get a similar message from another app... Limewire is usually good at letting you know there is something wrong with the file before you continue download.

Good Luck.

P.S. If I helped you, then please rate me with a simple click, as we do this to help you and would appreciate it, thanks.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2005, 04:54 AM
    Might be an idea to verify the download went correctly using an MD5 sum. Look here for a windows tool that should help.

What you'll need to do is to get the person you are retrieving this file off to run this program to retrieve a MD5 sum for their copy of the file. You then have to do the same. If the two MD5 sums match, the file's are the same and the problem isn't related to a bad download. If the sums differ though, then it looks like the download didn't go as smoothly as it should have.

Nov 14, 2005, 04:05 PM
    (I’m using Windows XP, sorry for the late background. :o ) Thanks for the UltraISO. It has a nice GUI interface too! I used it, but it still didn’t work, for some reason it thinks my ISO file is not an ISO file. Maybe it is corrupted. :eek:

Using the MD5 thing was hard because I didn't know how to contact the person I received the file from :( , but thanks for the location of MD5. It’ll come in handy for my future downloads. (If I could ever contact the other person!)

I guess I'll try downloading it again. :mad:

PS. How do you rate people? :confused: Can’t seem to find an icon or link for this. You guys were helpful by the way. Now I know 2 more handy programs. :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 14, 2005, 04:14 PM
    In the blue line with the date over our name, look at the right side, there is a number (i.e. #2, indicating which post it is, after that there is a rate this post and sometimes a warning sign to indicate abuse. Click on the rate this post, then you'll get a box on the upper left corner of your screen, either approve or disapprove and comment, that's it. Try to download the file again. What program or app is it, maybe there is another one somewhere that's better, on some P2P sites, they have better files. And I might just have it also, so I could send the link to it for you.

Good hunting..
    And happy thanksgiving - check the thanksgiving pol I posted...

P.s. You have been of a lot of help to us and others too!

Nov 14, 2005, 04:25 PM
    :p Hahaha! Why did I not see that link? >< (embarrassing) You know what's funny? I just solved the problem in an interesting way. The file name was really long, so I decided to shorten it, then it works all of a sudden! :eek: The original name had these weird symbols (box looking like things) in it, so I think that was the reason why the various programs I used couldn't read the file. :cool:
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 14, 2005, 06:01 PM
    Boy what luck, considering how hugh that file was and if you had to download again, it would have taken up more time. Glad it worked for you.;)
    forkart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2005, 08:55 PM

Try to use magiciso to open the iso image. You can also use it to create iso. It works well for me.

http://www.magiciso.com/

Nov 21, 2005, 11:37 AM
    Ooooo creating ISO images, that may come come in handy. ;) Usually don't you make images from a disc? :confused: Is it possible to put a bunch of files in a folder and turn that folder into an image? Sort of like making it a compressed file? (zip, rar, jar)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 21, 2005, 12:41 PM
    ooooo creating ISO images, that may come come in handy. ;) Usually don't you make images from a disc? :confused: Is it possible to put a bunch of files in a folder and turn that folder into an image? Sort of like making it a compressed file? (zip, rar, jar)
    This is what UltraISO states, so it is possible to make ISOs from the hard disk applications.
    Along with large capacity hard disk popularity, people were already used to coping compact discs to CD/DVD image files (also called compact disc image document) , generally used is the famous ISO 9660 international standards format, therefore CD/DVD image files are called ISO files. Because the ISO file retained complete data information of the compact disc (including compact disc boot information), you were allowed the convince to use commonly used CD burning software (for example Nero-Burning ROM ) to record the disc with your CD-R/RW over and over forever, it can also be used directly through Virtual CD-ROM drive software (for example SoftDisc ) .
    UltraISO is a CD/DVD image file creating/editing/converting tool , it can directly edit the CD/DVD image file and extract files and folders from it, as well as directly makeISO files from your CD/DVD drive or hard disk. At the same time, you can maintain the ISO bootable information, thus creating your own bootable CDs and DVDs. You now have the power to make and edit your own ISO files, and then burn them to CD or DVD for your own needs.

UltraISO is in sole possession of the intellectualized ISO document format analyzer, it can process at the present time almost all types of image files, including ISO and BIN, it may even support new imagefiles which are yet to be created. UltraISO can open these image files, directly extract files and folders, edit it and convert other image files to the standard ISO format.

UltraISO uses the double window unification user contact interface, you have the choice to only use the quick buttons and/or the mouse Drag & Drops, you canhandle any CD/DVD image file easily.
    If you have any of the apps mentioned, check the help files, they tell you what to do, usually step by step.
    Hope this helped.

Nov 24, 2005, 10:17 PM
    WOW! :eek: Incredible! I never knew you could edit ISO images. I’ve been meaning to do that with a few images I created with Nero. :o (Like backing up an Office XP install CD, but inserting a text document that contained the serial number.)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 25, 2005, 02:02 AM
    WOW! :eek: Incredible! I never knew you could edit ISO images. I’ve been meaning to do that with a few images I created with Nero. :o (Like backing up an Office XP install CD, but inserting a text document that contained the serial number.)
    It worked with my Office 2003, I made separate ISOs for Office, Front Page and Publisher. And added the *.txt file with serials on them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Self image and self esteem [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have eating disorder (which I am getting help for) and of course myself esteem andself image is not good so I wanted to know if there are tapes out there to help elevate the self esteem, I think a person with these issues needs to hear from a motivational speaker every day to help sticking...

Re-size the Image [ 4 Answers ]

Do you have any knowledge of free software which re-sizes the images (*.tif) of 1 MB file to 10% of it's original file. Thank You!

Image sizing [ 7 Answers ]

I downloaded a thumbnail image, is it possible to enlarge it without blurring the image? It is in GIF format.

Body image [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am hoping you may be able to advise me on my issue. Since having 4 children (3 to first husband and one with current husband)I feel totally embaressed of my body. I have severe stretch marks abd loose skin and my breasts sag. I also have excess weight of around 10 kilos which I am working on...

Where should I vent this? (image) [ 9 Answers ]

I recently installed new plumbing in my basement for a bathroom I'm finishing which is directly under the 2 upstairs bathrooms. Can I vent the pipes where I have it labeled? Keep in mind, the pipes are already cemented in and the main line where I have it marked is accessible but the vent would...

View more questions Search