Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skraft20 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Taxation: local, state, federal
    Is the tax levied on the producers or consumers?
    MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 31, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Question is very broad... Could be both. What tax are you talking about?
    Certainly the consumer, and in many cases the producers as well as the distributors?

Please define or frame your question so a relevant answer is possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding W2 and state/local tax.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, When filing the state tax form, do we need to add both state tax (W2 - Box 17) and local tax (W2 - Box 19) for reporting the total tax withheld by the state OR the amount in Box 17 suffices? My status for 2005 was F1/OPT. Any help is appreciated! Thanks..

State and Local Wage on W-2 [ 3 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=17149 Thanks for your info on another post, AtlantaTaxExpert. About the W-2, I am a little confused. I tried to read the W-2 guideline but still could not get it (I am new to this... ). First what is the difference between State wage (box 16)...

Federal and State Charges [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I am having trouble understanding something, I know you are suppose to be able to be tried twice for the same charge. But it appears in some cases when a crime is both a state crime and a federal crime, you can be charged in both state and Federal court. I have a friend ( really ) and...

Advanced Federal Taxation [ 1 Answers ]

A1 Corporation has 1,000 shares of common stock outstanding as follows: Greg 500 shares and Heidi (an unrelated party) 500 shares. Greg and Heidi each paid $100 per share for the A1stock 10 years ago. A1 distributes land held as an investment (fair market value $80,000, adjusted basis of $30,000)...

Federal return collected by state for state liability [ 1 Answers ]

I live in wi and filed married jointly I owe the wisc. Dep. Of revenue money but I have paid off the IRS . I filed my fed. Return electronicly and it was accepded, can the wisc .dep. Of rev. take my fed tax return? Or will my fed return be deposited in my account that I have specified with my...

View more questions Search