Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlygirl1819 Posts: 67, Reputation: -1

Oct 30, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Dell Laptop won't connect to wireless
    I have a dell inspirion 1501 and I have had it since last christmas and the internet isn't working on it... I don't use cable I use the wireless from Time Warner and anyway my PC works but my laptop just won't connect

Please HELP
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Oct 31, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Did you turn on the wireless button on your laptop? There should be a key on the top of your keyboard that has a symbol that looks like an antenna.

Press the Fn key at the bottom and this key and see if it lights up.
    girlygirl1819 Posts: 67, Reputation: -1

Oct 31, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Yes I did that its on I don't have my laptop with me right now I'm at work but I can right everything down and try it when I get home tonight
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

Nov 6, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Does your insiron have a dell mobile broadband utility card installed? If it does you will need to sign up with one of the carriers. (ATT, Verizon etc) once you are hooked up then you will need an ISP (yahoo for example). You can also take your laptop to the appropriate cell phone store and they should be able to provide all the help you need.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Umm Time Warner provides cable Internet. Do you have a wireless router? Have you tried caling Dell for support?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

My laptop doesn't connect to wireless internet [ 9 Answers ]

I have a dell inspiron laptop which has wireless capability. The OS is Windows XP Professional with SP 2. It used to connect to internet with the built in Wireless connector some time back . I have a desk top which I use to connect to Timewarner cable connection. It has a wireless router . So, my...

Dell laptop [ 12 Answers ]

How to hook up wireless to internet

Dell laptop [ 6 Answers ]

Tried Several Things Need Help Trying To Connect Laptop To Landline Using Free Netzero I Have A Network And Modem Card All In One I Can Get It To Dial And When It Says You Are Loged On And It Verifies Password Then It Disconnects And Starts Redialing The Next Number...

Spyware/adware on dell wireless laptop? [ 4 Answers ]

I have win xp pro. My son bought a dell inspiron 1150 laptop (wireless). We hooked up the router to my desktop and cable modem. My question is, if my son gets spyware/adware on his computer, will that spyware/adware go on my desktop since we are hooked up to my cable modem? This might sound like a...

View more questions Search