Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lqpjg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Forced air furnace
    When the furnace goes on, it does not automatically shut off. I have to shut the furnace. What could the problem be?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 07:39 PM
    I am going to take a stab at it since I don't have much information

Is it possible the thermostat is sticking on -- that is my guess

Some thermostats can be removed from subbase

And furnace should stop... Please try this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm forced air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace has not been working right since I replaced the oil filter and nozzle. I have adjusted the igniters properly and cleaned them up and polished them but when it ignites it rumbles and when I take it apart there is oil on the nozzle and igniters. I have cleaned this several times and was...

Furnace. Forced Hot Air System [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is making a scratchy noise, almost like there is a metallic wire scratching the inside of the furnace. It is not a rattling sound and this is not its normal noise. It seems to be making it even when the heating or the domestic hot water systems are not calling for hot water. In other...

Amana Forced Air Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

My two year old furnace does not come on when the thermostat indicates that it should: i.e. 2 degrees below the ambient room temperature. I have set it for 72 degrees but it gets as low as 64 degrees before it will finally come on. I have replaced the thermostat with a brand new honeywell...

Forced air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

;) Gas forced air heating, I like to know if there is a way to change the temperature difference between stop and start, for example instead of 68-start and 73 stop change too 70 start and 73 stop ,

View more questions Search