Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Oct 30, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Interracial dating
    I am a tall black woman and generally I get approached by white men because they are the ones that find me attractive. I guess because of my build and the fact that I am not your "typical black woman." I want to know why do people have a problem with me dating white men? I generally get the most grief from white women and black men
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2007, 07:24 PM
    People who do not like blacks will have trouble with it, ( or any black)
    People who don't like white people are the same about whites.

And all of those people don't like one dating the other.But who cares what others think.

Oct 30, 2007, 07:37 PM
    You know I am not trying to be rude I just want to be informative because I saw that you posted something somewhere else involving interracial dating. Generally most black people do not like to be referred to as "blacks" and I am sure that white people don't like to be referred to as "whites" either I don't know. Don't ask me why that is. I think it is a different subject all together.
    In reference to you comment I don't think that is entirely true because I get black men that are mad at me for dating a white man and I am going to guess they like black people. And the white women don't seem to have a problem with black people. They get an attitude with me or try to sabotage relationships that I am in
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2007, 07:49 PM
    First no, of the 100's of black people I know they much more prefer the term black over many other terms. I have been in a interactial relationship for over 10 years and was in another one for several years prior to that.

You have several levels of people, first you have the older people, who remember the race riots, who remember having bricks thrown at their busses or being refused service and more. They will normally never believe in such relationships. Next others belong to groups there is a black hate group pretending to be a church here in Atlanta, They teach that the black Jesus is still coming to save them from the white devils.
    And any black that works with any white or helps them is rejecting their own race.

Oct 30, 2007, 09:57 PM
    No you misunderstand me when I say blacks I don't mind being referred to as black but I don't like the term blacks you know with the s at the end. It sounds so much better when you say, "the black people standing over there" as opposed to "the blacks standing over there" there seems like there is something underlying when the s is used.
    I am not talking about people that are older than me I am referring to people my age that have problems with me dating a white man. People that have not been subjected to the past activities of people that had big problems with race.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interracial dating [ 11 Answers ]

I am a country girl with a very prejudiced family. I met the man of my dreams at a bar and were together for almost a year. I am totally infactuated with him and his two kids but we recently broke off our relationship because I can't make the commitment to him to tell my family about him. He...

Interracial dating [ 11 Answers ]

I'm doing a paper on interracial dating and different religious beliefs on the topic... any help?? Thank you

Interracial dating [ 3 Answers ]

I'm doing a paper on interracial dating... what are the beliefs of this topic with buddhism? Thank you

Interracial dating [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I'm doing a paper on interracial dating and would like some views on family and interracial dating... all will be kept anomous, please help me... Thank you

Interracial Dating [ 9 Answers ]

Is there a bible passage that states interracial dating is prohibited?

View more questions Search