Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    51days Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I blamed my dad
    My parents brok up over 2 years ago I also lost my girlfriend around the same time the whole situation put me on a path of self destruction and hate. I took all my anger out on my dad I wouldn't talk to him I ignored him completely I hated him. I herd him break up with my mom. And that's why. I latter about a year ago after they finally moved away that my mom cheated on my dad when I was about 11 years old and didn't admit to it until after my dad left her, he told me that this had drove him crazy for 7 years and that he had to and he then apoligised to me. I felt totally horible about what I did to him and haven't been able to really have any kind of relationship with him sense and things have been totally off. I was going back and forth between my mom and my dads house for a while but it became too much. So I eventuly moved in with my mom. Now things arnt going so well I kind of disappeared off my dads radar for a long time, I've been visiting him a lot more lately. But now I'm prety shur I'm going to get kicked out and I don't know what to do I don't want him to think I'm using him. Truth is I know id be happier at my dads to some extent. But I'm scared I have depression and I don't have a place there where I can be alone not to mention know one knows where he lives and I'm afraid I'm going to end up not being as close to a lot of my friends. It feels so different at my dads house and I'm afraid I won't feel welcome I don't really deserve him after what I did and I don't know what to do I figure I should apoligize but I don't even know how to ask if I can stay with him I'm 20 years old and I feel like I'm 16 I have some serios block in my mind making it almost imposible to move forward in life I'm terified of moving out on my own I'm scared of being alone. I don't know I have know real question here but if someone manages to desipher this mess a little input would be nice I knda just needed to talk I feel horible right now my problems seem so insignifacant compaird to what's out there.

And thanks for your time

Matt
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Get him a card and pour your heart out to him about things that he has done that meant a lot to you. Write something like
    Now that I am older I understand that things aren't what they appear to be when you see things as a kid and I realize things from a more mature perspective now and realize you did everything you could for me and I have a deeper appreciation for you now.

Keep your relationship and communication growing and positive. I am sure he will be glad to have his son back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My stepdaughter dad, isn't really her dad, and I want to adopt her [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I are trying to get some insight on how to go about telling her exhusband that I want to adopt her /his daughter, 8yrs old with him knowing that he wasn't really the father in the first place. He agreed to raise her knowing that he wasn't her real dad, ( bio is completely out of the...

My dad. [ 8 Answers ]

There are so many things that are going on in my head right now I don't know where to begin. 1) I believe I have abandonment issues. I have never seen my mother, I can't recall what she looks like. She left me to my fathers family when I was a couple months old because her relationship with my...

How do I tell him he might not be the dad [ 1 Answers ]

How do I tell my boyfriend of 2 years that he might not be the father?? and how do I tell my family?? They are really judgemental... should I wait until after the baby is born to tell everyone??

What is a dad to do? [ 2 Answers ]

The mother of my child says she is going to leave the state with our daughter. Can I stop her?

View more questions Search