Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 23, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Sorry that makes no sense to me. If the purpose is pleasure then why prohibit pleasure? Because the purpose is procreation and pleasure is just a side effect, a morality system had to be developed to prevent procreation outside the family support system.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 03:07 PM
    The pleasure would be illicit outside the bonds of marriage. That's why it would be prohibited--no stable union has been established.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Nowadays people do as they please, and when someone wants casual sex, and does so with some one who cares, we have a problem because for some it makes them attached, and for others it just felt good. One thing about humans, our likes and dislikes are as varied as the way we feel. Unlike animals we have the sense of ourselves to rationalise and plan, and do whatever we conceive. For some sex is bonding, for others its exercise, and still others, a nice way to spend the time. For 50 something married guys, its all of the above.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Intimacy is a two-edged sword.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    Intimacy is a two-edged sword.
    Wha?? Oh you mean it cuts both ways, whether your on the top or the bottom?? :eek: Or back, or front??
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Hmmm, sex is for procreation, spiritual bonding, mental bonding and physical bonding. If our bodies did not crave procreation and the production of our offspring, it would be a non-issue. I'm not sure the Bible would even be involved. It would not be a "controlled substance". Even if a couple is using birth control, all the warnings in the world do not keep us from messing up our birth control. The whole point being that each of us has our own mix of human needs that we bring to bed with us. If it is working, yee-haa. If not, we may need to get to know ourselves better, be assertive or change partners.

I did read somewhere that dolphins have sex for pleasure. Is that true?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How come when people? [ 5 Answers ]

How come when people think another person is attractive they tend to stare at that person for awhile

Is no strings attached sex OK [ 4 Answers ]

I just split up with my boyfriend and I have been in touch with a lad from school who I always had a soft spot for but we were good friends. He always used to ask me about sex and stuff at school and he said its because he wanted me. That wa 4 years ago. We have just been talking and he was...

Why do people ''think'' they are tolerant, when they're not? [ 7 Answers ]

Why does people say that they are tolerant and not rasist of other's religion's when they aren't? I recently opened a topic on ''Why do people assume that wicca's evil'' or something to that extent. Many of the people who replied were christians. I know that there are other's who share the same...

!Showtime people! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok The Goth girl is willing 2 hang out with me but... "She Said Treat Me Right". I never dated a Goth girl before. But the past relationships I have worked out well. Any suggestions on where to bring the Goth girl 2 eat, a good movie 2 watch etc... By The Way Her Name Is ;) Jenny;) . I got some...

View more questions Search