Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZIEGLER531 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Real Estate law on Manufactured homes
    I have a manufactured home in Floirda with the loan in just my name. The land it sits on is in my ex husbands and my name. We were already divorced at the time we purchased the manufactured home.

The bank is threatening to repo it. Would I still be responsibe for the balance of the loan if they reposes it, or is that forgiven.

Thanks if any one out there can help me

Mary
    MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 30, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIEGLER531
    I have a manufactured home in Floirda with the loan in just my name. The land it sits on is in my ex husbands and my name. We were already divorced at the time we purchased the manufactured home.

The bank is threatening to repo it. Would I still be responsibe for the balance of the loan if they reposes it, or is that forgiven.

Thanks if any one out there can help me

Mary
    You would still be responsible.
    The manufactured home can be foreclosed on. The proceeds from the sale will go to cover any monies owed. If you owe more then the home brings at sale, you will be responsible for the money owed.
    They can't force the sale of the land however they may file a claim for monies owed so when you sell the land the lending institute will be reimbursewd for monies owed.

Talk with the lending institute you may be able to work out an arrangement with them.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Hello z:

A car and a mobile home are titled the same way. If you are behind on your car payments, they can take your car - but NOTHING ELSE. If you're behind on your mobile home payments, they can take the mobile home - but NOTHING ELSE. They cannot place a lien on the lot.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real estate law [ 1 Answers ]

What are the rights of tennants whose rental property they rent has went into foreclosure?

Real Estate Law [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Orlando, Florida and I need to know what the laws are in this state governing breaking a lease. I was told that there is a law in Florida that states that you can break a lease by giving a 45 day notice. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Please let me know asap.

Real Estate Law [ 1 Answers ]

How do I personally file a lien on a piece of property. A week before closing on a new home, the tittle company called and stated the tittle was not clear and we could not close. The reason was that a previous buyer of the lot had placed 3 liens on the property. We do not want this house now...

View more questions Search