Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolestdude Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Dependent filling on Visitor visa
    My dad got 10 years multiple visas. He had here previously. But this time he will be staying 6 months in 2007 year. Can I able claim him as dependent on tax file. If it yes then How?
    Should I apply for W7 now since he is here with me or should I apply during the tax filling next year ?
    . Advice me.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 11:46 AM
    If you provide more than HALF of his total support for all of 2007 AND if he is here for AT LEAST 183 days, then you can claim as a dependent.

He will need to complete and sign the Form W-7 to apply for an ITIN, which must be submitted with your 2007 tax return.

If you need professional help to do this, my email address is below.
    coolestdude Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Thanks for your suggestions, it is advisable to W7 form now or during the tax filling.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 08:15 AM
    The W-7 MUST be filed with your 2007 tax return. If it is submitted earlier by itself, it will likely be rejected unless you can show an over-riding need for the ITIN prior to filing your 2007 tax return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dependent Visa to UK [ 3 Answers ]

My wife is working in UK and she holds a work permit. Kindly advice me about the procedure to get a dependent Visa,. like.. documents required, charges etc..

Visitor visa [ 1 Answers ]

:D Is it best to wait to apply for visa at the port of entry in the country I'm visiting? Or Is it best to apply for visit before I leave? It's so time consuming!

View more questions Search