Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pink1610 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Repiercing the belly button
    Hello.. I am just wondering if you can have your belly button repiereced a second time.

About a year and a half ago I had my belly pierced for the first time and my body rejected the belly bar and it kepy being pushed out and eventually the bit of skin which holds the belly bar in broke and snapped off so obbiously the belly bar fell out. I am now waiting for it to heal. Do you think it would have healed now and I can get it repirced. Its starting to go my normal skin colour now and is closing up quiet fast.

I think the reason why it rejected it was because I put in another body bar which was a sterrling silver and I think that's what caused the problem and that's why I really want it done again because I know the problem and why it was caused.

Write back Please anything that might help me..
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 12:27 PM
    There are a couple of reasons a piercing can reject. 1. Being allergic to the metal, 2. Your body just doesn't want it there. Usually, if your body rejects a certain piercing once, it will do it again. For example, if someone got an eyebrow ring and it rejected, if they got that eyebrow ring again 9 times out of 10 it will reject again.

It sounds to me like you had a pretty nasty rejection. I wouldn't recommend getting the piercing again, but that is your choice. If you do decide to get it again, make sure it is fully healed before you try it again. If it is badly scarred, the piercer will probably know that it has rejected before and might not do it for you.

A piercing rejecting is not exactly healthy, at all, and you have to remember that your health is more important than a piercing. I wouldn't do it again, but if you must, be careful.
    megan123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 12:18 PM

Mine did that too.this summer I got mine pierced and slowly the skin started getting thinner and then the ring broke threw,it had rejected it come to find out because of my scar tissue I got surgery when I was little on my bellybutton.I was very upset about it.but I'm wandering if there's anything to do to still get it pierced

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Button Piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I Was Wondering... Can U Pierce An Outty?

Belly button piercing! [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to pierce my belly button, but my parents would never let me! Does anyone know a store that has belly button piercing kits?? Please help me!! :confused:

Belly Button [ 6 Answers ]

I heard that if mom-to-be's belly button is outie then it's a boy and girl if it is innie. Is it true? Does anyone heard of such thing?

Repiercing my belly button [ 4 Answers ]

Sooo... my grandmother wouldn't let me pierce my belly button so I did it myself, but after about 4 months I took it out because I realized I didn't get enough skin pierced and I tried to let it heal up and then there was still the hole so I put the ring back it (it was tempting me out of my mind)...

Repiercing my belly button? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so here is what happened, my parents said no to me getting my belly button pierced so I did it myself (I know stupid thing to do). It didn't get infected or anything but I took it out about 3-4 days ago. It was only in for about 6 days. Now my parents are saying that if I find a clean enough...

View more questions Search