Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NoniS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Mother Birthstone Pendant
    I am ordering a family birthstone pendant for my mom and I am wondering if I should put my husband's birthstone in it? We have been married for over a year, and she considers him a son, but I don't know if its proper or not. If I do include his, where should I place it? The others will be in order of age. Should I place his according to this order or at the end of the line?
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Oct 30, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm... I don't think it belongs on there. Doesn't seem right. She didn't give birth ot him/adopt him.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Unless you plan on putting your sibling's spouses on there as well, I say no. But, if you are planning to include anyone/everyone (cousins, inlaws, etc) who call her "mom" or who she considers her "kids" then it would be OK.

Maybe a nice option would be to get a picture of your siblings, their spouses and your husband together and put it in a "family" or "kids" frame for her as a gift. That way it acknowledges those people are a part of her life, without getting into the questionable nature of the necklace and who gets included/excluded. Certainly you could do this in addition to the necklace.
    NoniS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Thank you both for your help, reading your responses I agree it is best to leave him off it. I will definitely be doing the picture with the necklace!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installation of pendant lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a pendant light and have lost the instructions. Can anyone give me advice as to where to get instructions or how it may be installed? :rolleyes: Help! Jane

Diamond pendant [ 4 Answers ]

I recently saw a commercial for a circle of diamonds or eternity pendant (diamond circle) but the diamonds in the necklace were hearts shaped and it says "i love you" in the setting (like the "I love you" ring) does anyone know who makes this I can't rememer the name of the jewellery company

Kitchen pendant light 110 to 220? [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a pendant lamp for my kitchen and its from europe. I believe its 220v. I currently have a 60w "regular" light bulb screwed in and cants seem to get the light to work. Do I need a 220v bulb or is the issue with my wiring 110 to 220? Thanks

Pendant Light Tripping Breaker [ 2 Answers ]

We just purchased 3 Hampton Bay pendant lights. Each are 12 volt w/ 50 watt bulb with a transformer in each. Here's the problem - My fiancé (an electrical engineer who's hooked up many lights etc) connected one light to test before we cut into the ceiling to set-up the 3 lights since we're...

Silver medallion/pendant (RG Initials) [ 1 Answers ]

I received a medallion from my mother about 10 years ago and she does not remember how she got it. If anybody can help me identify the maker or provide any information about it, I would really appreciate it. I am not sure if it is American Indian or spanish. It is about 1.5" x 1.5" and has a...

View more questions Search