Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    motherof3 Posts: 51, Reputation: 6

Oct 30, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Drug test
    Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to post but here it goes, My fiancé has smoked weed for years a couple times a week, now he is looking for a new job so he quit smoking about 2 weeks ago because most jobs require a drug test. Well he went to an interview yesterday and when he got home there was a message from the company, he called and they said they really like him and he has the job he just needs to go take a drug test, I know weed stays in your system for about 30 days, is there any way he could pass this test. He really needs this job.

Thanks in advance
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Oct 30, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Its hard to find away around things like that. THC is stored in your fat cells. I don't know what state you live in but I live in NYS and I know the test we have here test for all of the flushes, my only suggestion is to have him drink A lot and I mean A lot of water.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Hello mom:

14 days might be enough. If it isn't, have him wait a week and go looking again. If he got this offer so soon, he'll get another one soon too.

excon

Oct 30, 2007, 08:37 AM
    He has to go take the test tomorrow, he has been drinking water constantly since the job called him, Would it be a good idea to tell the job the truth that he did quit but the stuff stays in your system for a long time. Does anyone know if they report what drug or just that you failed.
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Hello again, mom:

Water won't help. Only time will.

No, don't tell 'em. He won't get the job. What do you think they're screening him for anyway?? I'll tell you why: to weed out weed smokers!!

Report what to who?? They're not going to call him. If they do, all he's going to know is that he didn't get the job.

excon

Oct 30, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, mom:

Water won't help. Only time will.

No, don't tell 'em. He wont get the job. What do you think they're screening him for anyway???? I'll tell you why: to weed out weed smokers!!!!

Report what to who????? They're not gonna call him. If they do, all he's gonna know is that he didn't get the job.

excon
    Does the company that takes the test report to the employer what drug was positive or do they just say they fail
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Hello again, mom:

I would bet the testers tell the company exactly what drug was in his system. That's just a guess, but if I was paying for the test, I'd like to know the results.

They might tell you or they might not. I don't know. What difference does it make? If he doesn't get the job after the drug test, you'll KNOW why.

excon

Oct 30, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Thank you excon and foxy, I guess he will take it and not get the job. He will probably have to wait about a month just to be sure. Drug testing is not fair it can ruin your chance for a good job even if you have quit.

Oct 30, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Have him take it and at least try, it doesn't hurt to try. The only thing is that he wount get the Job. Its not like they are going to go around and blur collor him and tell everyone in the area about it. They can't do that. Good luck to him and you to you. But still tell him to still drink as much water as Posable!
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 30, 2007, 04:11 PM
    The test screens for amounts of THC. Two weeks is not enough time for a chronic habitual user to have their levels drop. It can take up to 6 months for it to stop showing up in tests when you use regularly.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Depending on the metabolism, marijuana can stay in the system as long as 90 days.
    Other people have asked this same, almost the same question, so there are many posts on pot+drug test. I suggest you look through them all.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=1994185

An aside - why is a drug test such a bad thing? Do I want some person whose perception and mobility has been impaired by smoking pot servicing my truck or taking my blood at the clinic or driving a delivery truck? NO.
    _Krissi_ Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by motherof3
    Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to post but here it goes, My fiance has smoked weed for years a couple times a week, now he is looking for a new job so he quit smoking about 2 weeks ago because most jobs require a drug test. well he went to an interview yesterday and when he got home there was a message from the company, he called and they said they really like him and he has the job he just needs to go take a drug test, I know weed stays in your system for about 30 days, is there any way he could pass this test. He really needs this job.

Thanks in advance
    I've had the same problem before with my bets friend
    And what she did is drink A LOT of water like 2/3 litters a day
    And eat a LOT of yogurt

Oct 31, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Drink anything that will flush out your system. What state do you live in?
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Hello Foxy:

When I say that drinking water doesn't do any good, it's because the THC granules hide in the FATTY tissue of one's body. It's released into the bloodstream very slowly and at its own pace. Drinking water doesn't affect that release AT ALL.

Yes, it dilutes the urine, but not enough to hide any TCH that might be lurking.

excon

Oct 31, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy459459
    Drink anything that will flush out your system. What state do you live in?
    I live in Massachusetts

Oct 31, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Depending on the metabolism, marijuana can stay in the system as long as 90 days.
    Other people have asked this same, almost the same question, so there are many posts on pot+drug test. I suggest you look through them all.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=1994185

An aside - why is a drug test such a bad thing? Do I want some person whose perception and mobility has been impaired by smoking pot servicing my truck or taking my blood at the clinic or driving a delivery truck? NO.

I am not saying it is a bad thing, But a crackhead can pass a drug test because it does not stay in your system that long, My fiancé has quit smoking weed because he knows a job is more important (His last job he had for 4 years and did not need a drug test) But because it stays in your system so long he will not get a job, but if it was a month from now he would probably be OK, So what I am saying is it a good thing but what about people who are changing there lives around. They have to wait until there system is clean and give up many good job offers.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 31, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Sometimes, if you're honest, the employer will allow a retest in 30 days.

Oct 31, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by savedsinner7
    Sometimes, if you're honest, the employer will allow a retest in 30 days.
    Actually he is taking the test today and he is going to tell them the situation that he did quit and he knows it will still show, they took the ad down for the job and said they really want him so hopefully honesty is the best policy in this case. I will give an update of what happens.
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by motherof3
    but what about people who are changing there lives around. they have to wait until there system is clean and give up many good job offers.
    Hello mom:

Let’s not get carried away here. Quitting pot for a few weeks to get a job is NOT changing one’s life around. Check back in a couple years and let me know what’s up.
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Do I want some person whose perception and mobility has been impaired by smoking pot servicing my truck or taking my blood at the clinic or driving a delivery truck? NO.
    Hello shy:

The problem with drug testing for pot, is that it makes no distinction between those who ARE high, and those who GET high. In fact, it snares those who AREN’T “impaired” at all because they got high last night – not this morning. They’re just like any of the other workers who took a 6 pack home with them last night.

The second problem is your definition of impaired. Indeed, “impaired” by pot smoking is an oxymoron.

Getting high from smoking pot, is NOT the same as drunkenness – not even close. Most users are, in fact, perfectly capable of performing exactly as they would were they not high.

I don’t expect you to believe this, as it goes against the common wisdom. However, the common wisdom is wrong.

excon

Oct 31, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello mom:

Let’s not get carried away here. Quitting pot for a few weeks to get a job is NOT changing one’s life around. Check back in a couple years and lemme know what’s up.
    Hello shy:

The problem with drug testing for pot, is that it makes no distinction between those who ARE high, and those who GET high. In fact, it snares those who AREN’T “impaired” at all because they got high last night – not this morning. They’re just like any of the other workers who took a 6 pack home with them last night.

The second problem is your definition of impaired. Indeed, “impaired” by pot smoking is an oxymoron.

Getting high from smoking pot, is NOT the same as drunkenness – not even close. Most users are, in fact, perfectly capable of performing exactly as they would were they not high.

I don’t expect you to believe this, as it goes against the common wisdom. However, the common wisdom is wrong.

excon
    I am saying for anyone that is trying to change there life around, and he didn't quit just for the job but it was one reason. And for someone who smoked every other day, two weeks without is a good start

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

After a drug test [ 2 Answers ]

My son had a drug test, but my question is has anyone had a doctor's office call you about it, and if so why would they do that?

Drug Test? [ 2 Answers ]

I take a diet pill called lipodrene. Will that show up on a drug test?

Drug Test! [ 8 Answers ]

How Long Will Marijuana Stay In Your System? In My Case It Was My First Time Ever Smoking Weed And Me And Three Friends Shared A Dime Bag, Which Really Isn't A lot, I Didn't Feel The High Or Anything. This Happened On The Saturday The 2nd. I Have To Take A Drug Test For A Job And Im Scared It'll...

Drug test [ 3 Answers ]

If an emergency room doe's a drug test can they turn it over to your regular doctor without asking?

Drug test [ 2 Answers ]

I have to take a drug test tomorrow. I was given a prescription for Histussin HC cough syrup for a cold and am taking it 2 tsp. twice a day. It has hydrocodone in it. Do I tell them and bring in a copy of the prescripton? Will it be all right , since this has been prescribed by my doctor?

View more questions Search