Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyroo315 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Limit switch setting
    Just bought a house with a new furnace installed last year but never used because the previous owner passed away so I'm working out all the bugs out. Took care of the thermostat issue now its setting the limit switch... right now low is 110 med is 155 and high is 200 the blower doesn't blow for longer than a minute

It's a williamson centenial 85000-105000 BTU oil forced air, my house is a 1 story ranch 1050 sq feet. Any help would be greatly appriciated...
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 2, 2007, 08:45 PM
    I would check to see what speed the blower is set at if its direct drive or if it's a pulley system you could change the speeds
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 09:02 PM
    The first setting is the blower off temp the second blower on and the third is high limit. I would move the blower off down to about 95 the blower on is a little high I would try about 140. If its cold in your house the blower will cycle a few times until it catches up. If you have a weak fan/limit control it will act the same way and the only way to get it right is to replace it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limit switch [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an older trailer but the furnace is about 2 yrs old where is the limit switch located? Every time I use the air conditioner it trips the limit switch how do I fix it without having to call someone and have a pricey bill. :confused: :( :eek:

Limit Switch [ 2 Answers ]

I Would Just Like To Know Where It Is Located I Have A Evcon Enegry Guide Saver.heater Won't Come On Do To Limit Switch Being Open

Limit switch [ 1 Answers ]

What is a "limit switch" for a central heating unit? And is it expensive to replace?

Limit Switch - Pressure Switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Folks, This weekend I've been playing with a heating system at my new apartment and I'm trying to figure out what the different componets do. I kind of followed the circuit but still have some missing links... 1-There are some terminals on the furnace's circuit board labeled LIMIT. The...

View more questions Search