Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Oct 30, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Husband not horny for pregnant wife?
    I am only 9 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child. We had been trying for almost 9 years so our kids are older. Right before we found out I felt things were going great. He was attentive, flirty, and sexual with me. But now, kind of, almost nothing is going on. I have been sick nonstop for almost 4 weeks now and I know maybe I shouldn't be thinking of sex, but I am missing his touches and advances. With the other 2 we were very sexual. Being pregnant didn't stop us from getting our groove on. You don't suppose he's actually being sensitive to me feeling awful do you? I would rather have him back to the way he was. Also if our sex life is already suffering what is it going to be like a little down the road? I'm very hurt and confused by this. I HAVE talked to him about this, but I just end up feeling resentful and angry.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 07:56 AM
    What are the reasons he gives you when you talk to him about it. (also, when you talk, try to remember that you are very hormonal, and you could be getting the wrong ideas, with your emotions running on overload.) It has been 9 years since you were last pregnant, and you have both been doing a lot of maturing in the time. He's probably also a little unsure of things, as far as how he should act, what he should do etc. Guys tend to be rather cautious when their wives get pregnant, esp when its been so long since the last one, as they tend to forget, and they are worried about hurting you or the baby(esp since you have been trying for 9 years, he may be afraid of causing harm) they may be a bit of shock mingled in there too. After wanting something for so long, when you finally get it, it's a bit of a shock. (I'm sure you are a bit worried too, as most preggys are usually a bundle of nerves during their pregnancy, however pregnancy is almost always more real to women then men in the beginning, because the women expereince it first hand... it becomes more real to the men when they see you growing, and feel the baby move/hear the heart beat/ see the ultrasound, etc) He probably is trying to take it easy on you since you have been sick. Also, I have found with my own hubby, that once you start getting bigger/curvier, aren't so sick, and just glowing and feeling happier, the guys get that " shes irresistable" reaction, more then in the beginning. Just hang in there.keep trying to talk about it. And if he isn't giving you the attention you want, you start things off, or make a playful remark about his needing to come taste the all you can eat pregnancy buffet or something. Do something subtle, yet romantic... sometimes you just got to get a guy to open his eyes and pay attention. Good luck. And congrats on your pregnancy.(oh and don't forget, he may be experiencing some pregnancy sympathy symptoms, and maybe that's why he's not reacting the way you want.)
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Oct 30, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    what are the reasons he gives you when you talk to him about it. (also, when you talk, try to remember that you are very hormonal, and you could be getting the wrong ideas, with your emotions running on overload.) It has been 9 years since you were last pregnant, and you have both been doing a lot of maturing in the time. He's probably also a little unsure of things, as far as how he should act, what he should do etc. Guys tend to be rather cautious when their wives get pregnant, esp when its been so long since the last one, as they tend to forget, and they are worried about hurting you or the baby(esp since you have been trying for 9 years, he may be afraid of causing harm) they may be a bit of shock mingled in there too. after wanting something for so long, when you finally get it, its a bit of a shock. (i'm sure you are a bit worried too, as most preggys are usually a bundle of nerves during their pregnancy, however pregnancy is almost always more real to women then men in the beginning, because the women expereince it first hand.... it becomes more real to the men when they see you growing, and feel the baby move/hear the heart beat/ see the ultrasound, etc) He probably is trying to take it easy on you since you have been sick. Also, I have found with my own hubby, that once you start getting bigger/curvier, arent so sick, and just glowing and feeling happier, the guys get that " shes irresistable" reaction, more then in the beginning. Just hang in there.keep trying to talk about it. and if he isnt giving you the attention you want, you start things off, or make a playful remark about his needing to come taste the all you can eat pregnancy buffet or something. Do something subtle, yet romantic............sometimes you just gotta get a guy to open his eyes and pay attention. Good luck. and congrats on your pregnancy.(oh and don't forget, he may be experiencing some pregnancy sympathy symptoms, and maybe thats why he's not reacting the way you want.)

Thanks a lot. That's really helpful. I hope once I feel better everything all around will be better.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Just remember to keep the lines of communication open. I know how frustrating it can be(especially with those hormones bouncing around like wild) good luck! Hope things go better for you soon. At least you are finally pregnant again! And I am sure things will get better soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should an ex wife still be dependent on her ex husband? [ 10 Answers ]

my boyfriend has been divorced for almost 5 years now maybe 6. but his ex keeps relying on him because she cannot stand on her own two feet and he wants to help out for his children. I do not have children so I can't fathom this view point. Am I in the wrong? Or is this not even my business?? I...

Wife horny, husband not so much. [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I are both 34 and have been married 14 1/2 yrs (together 17). I am finding that I am needing my husband to touch me sexually somehow everyday or I feel he doesn't want me. Or I think to myself wow it's been a week or whatever and we haven't had sex and I think maybe he doesn't want...

Bi-polar, infertile husband, gives up on wife and life. (by wife) [ 17 Answers ]

I got married nearly 4 years ago. Recently I found out that my husband is bi-polar and has pathological lying disorder. Just before that. We took was out $27,000 for IVF treatment, and long story short he stopped working and would not get a job, created debt, lied about it etc. While I was going...

Husband not horny for pregnant wife? [ 8 Answers ]

I am only 9 weeks along and I had been complaining about the way things were going before we had found out. Complaining that he doesn't touch me the way he used to. I'm into sexual grabbing. Like he used to grab at and play with my crotch and now not so much. BUT the week before we found out he was...

Husband abandoned wife [ 6 Answers ]

My husband abandoned me & went to another country for good, will I be responsible for his debts?

View more questions Search