Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tschmanke Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 07:14 AM
    University gifts to students - limit?
    At our state universities, cash gifts are given to students as awards for various programs. These students are US residents. Is there a limit as to how much a student can receive per year? If they receive a total of $600 from any state agency source in a calendar year, we do issue a 1099. Just wondering if there is any kind of legal limit.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 30, 2007, 07:50 AM
    There is NO legal limit that I know of, as long as the amounts are properly reported using Form 1099, which apparently they are.
    tschmanke Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Thank you. I didn't think there was. It's so hard to really find answers on the IRS site.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 30, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Washington International University another mill university? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help me to answer about the status of WIT university...

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

St Clements University - another unaccredited university? [ 4 Answers ]

Would anyone tell me about the accreditation of St Clements University,please?

Gifts of money [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to send out invitations for a church member's two sons who are both graduating this month. She told me that they would like any monetary gifts to be given to the church instead. How do I word this on the invitations?

Costs of gifts? [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't been to a wedding in a very long time. Now asked to two weddings, and a wedding reception celebrating a Vegas wedding all in Mar. & April. I am a new business owner and low on any fun funds. What kind of prices is the smallest without seeming cheap or insulting? All of these people are...

View more questions Search