Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sizzle3003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 10:27 PM
    I'm planning to move to Australia to be with her but.
    Okay where do I start, about 6 months ago my dads friend was having a wedding, well his friend's wife has family in Australia and they came for the wedding note I was 16 at the time, and the daughter of that family Ruby is 16 to a couple months younger then me though, anyway at the wedding I was really attracted to her, she's a beautiful and seeing this I went to talk to her, and we really hit things off.
    Well she stayed here in America for a week, we hung out all week, before she left she gave me her msn and I've been talking to her on there, and I told her how I loved her and she told me she loves me to, she wants me to move to Australia to be with her, and I want to but there's one problem, she has a boyfriend already, she told me about this so I already knew but it really makes me jelous and sad, I want her to break up with him but I don't want to seem selfish or demanding, note that I'm 17 now and I am deciding if I'd rather stay in America, go to college then go to Australia or go to Australia and go to college there, I don't know but I really love this girl and I don't want to leave her, I really want a future with this girl so how can I get her to break up with this guy without being push or demanding?
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Oct 29, 2007, 10:50 PM
    You don't want to be selfish or demanding and that is your best move. Follow your plan to go to school here. You can fly down anytime you have a break but go as a very close friend and not as a knight in search of his princess. She'll let you know how committed she is when she's ready, don't push. You'll know she's ready when she wants to move here to be with you. Best wishes to both of you.
    ilovcali Posts: 206, Reputation: 85

Oct 29, 2007, 11:05 PM
    Dude, you're 17. If you go to Australia, go there because it's Australia. Not for some girl you met a year ago who you hung out with for a week. And she ALREADY HAS A BOYFRIEND. Why in the world you fly half way across the world to chase a girl who is already with someone? Sorry bro, I don't see any logic there.

However, if you do go some place else, go there for the right reasons. You'll be making a huge mistake if you go there to chase some girl. Not worth it. You're turning a crush into a globetrotting mission to get your heart broken. Save the money and the journey. There's plenty of girls who can break your heart in the USA.

But all jokes aside, DON'T BE CRAZY and FLY ACROSS THE WORLD for a girl who ALREADY HAS A BOYFRIEND.

--Cali
    excello98 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 01:31 AM
    I was in a relationship like that - but we were both in Australia. She had a boyfriend but said she really liked me (just couldn't break up with the boyfriend for various reasons).

Long story short, she ended up choosing her boyfriend and I was crushed. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I'd also spent so much time and effort travelling around the world too. I would say don't do it. DEFINITELY don't do it. How can she be a good person when she's fallen for another guy while she's got a boyfriend? It's not fair to you, and it's not fair to her boyfriend.

I would be very careful in falling for this girl. You should find someone else, and let her know that you're not prepared to make such a big sacrifice if she's not.

If I could go back and change time that's what I would have done. But you know what they say about the burned hand teaching best (or something like that, haha).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Planning organization [ 2 Answers ]

Select an organization that you have worked for or one that you are familiar with and locate the goals the organization has set. Many times this information can be found on the company's website. Search the Library as well as the internet and research goal setting. Compare what information you...

Planning second date. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I've been planning this for awhile now because the current circumstances seem right. Last year, I had my first date ever with T and I believe that date with that Asian girl failed miserably. We were at a mall and I did everything wrong because of the immense pressure I felt. Now I am...

Profit Planning [ 1 Answers ]

What is Trend Forecasting? Is there any formula or method to project future sales on basis of given set of data? Data is given in the file attached.636

View more questions Search