Ask
    drea209 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Should I?
    should i take dance lessons or just practice at home?:confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 08:58 PM
    If you can afford dance lessons, then it would be best to take dance lessons, especially if you are wanting to do styles of dance where the steps are more planned out. A teacher can then check your progress as to how good you are dancing.

What kind of dancing are you wanting to do?
    granmaboat Posts: 21, Reputation: 6

Jan 12, 2008, 12:24 PM
    If money and time are hard come by, try the library they have books on dance with the steps in them and maybe CDs and vedios with instructions.
    pookiebear32 Posts: 14, Reputation: -1

Jan 20, 2008, 09:20 AM
    That's a hard question. I'd recommend dance classes. Therefore, you would receive corrections but there's a chance of ruining your creativity. Well it depends what you want- talent or creativity.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pookiebear32
    That's a hard question. I'd recommend dance classes. Therefore, you would recieve corrections but there's a chance of ruining your creativity. Well it depends what you want- talent or creativity.
    Actually, the creativity of a person who does dance of any kind is more likely to be enhanced because of taking dance classes, because they would then know more moves that they could use in being creative with dance.
    4thegirls Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drea209
    should i take dance lessons or just practice at home?:confused:
    Dear Dancer, I'm a former professional broadway dancer. TAKE LESSONS. You need them to learn how to dance properly. Also, you'll figure out pretty soon whether you are any good or not. It won't inhibit your creativity, just give to the discipline to do more with it. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search