Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annajelly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Am I wasting my time?
    Me and my ex had dated for 1 1/2 years when he decided that he wanted to have a break. I was completely OK with it... I mean I didn't want to hold him back if he didn't want to be with me for a while so we ended.

Since then he has been making out that the whole reason we ended is my fault and my fault alone which I am not happy about! But at the end of the day I can't live without him so we talked and that matter is resolved... hes admitted that it was also his fault and that he had cheated on me not long before we finished.

Recently he told me that he still wants to be with me and I feel the same... the thing is is that he is with someone else but he nos he doesn't feel the same way about her as he does about me. I think this is completely unfair towards this new girl... if he doesn't love her then he's just going to hurt the girl and himself in the lonng run.

My friends have told me that he is no good and that I should just leave him to grow up and get over himself but its not that easy

I have a strange feeling though that the onli reason he's telling me he still loves me and that he still wants to be wv me is a way of keeping me close for his own benefit... as if he doesn't want a serious relationship wv either of us. I want to move on but I feel that I can't when I no there could be another chance between us... he had treated me badly but he seems deeply and truly sorry for his actions and I am a very forgiving person.

Am I foolish for wanting to be with him or for thinking we could make it work again? Am I just wasting my time with him?

Please give me your thoughts :)
    silentrascal Posts: 194, Reputation: -2
    -

Oct 29, 2007, 01:22 PM
    It definitely sounds like he's playing you, and if you're smart, you won't fall for it. If he feels the need to be with other people, and yet won't want you to move on so that he can still keep some kind of "thing" going with you as a back-up... he's a jerk and not worth your time.
    alicepine Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 01:29 PM
    You are foolish. He didn't love you because he cheated. It'll never be the same between you again. I can't make your decision but I feel it's a mistake to go back wit him. Some new girl comes along is he going to cheat wit her again. Guys will say sorry even if they don't mean it. Apparently he does feel the same way about her because he is with her and not you. You have to see his playing with you and its only going to hurt you. He met someone else. He put another girl before you. Do you really want to be with someone lik that?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 29, 2007, 03:30 PM
    He cheated on you before and is now wanting to cheat on the girl he's with. Why do you even want him back? He has not changed, look at what he's doing now.
    Get a clue girl, be thankful he's gone and stop talking to him. He is no good.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Oct 29, 2007, 03:50 PM
    YIKES!! This guy knows how to play the field or is he just stumbling along and never giving it a second thought. There's a time to run and it's time.
    lildaisy Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Jan 2, 2008, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annajelly
    me and my ex had dated for 1 1/2 years when he decided that he wanted to have a break. i was completely ok with it...i mean i didnt want to hold him back if he didnt want to be with me for a while so we ended.

since then he has been making out that the whole reason we ended is my fault and my fault alone which i am not happy about! but at the end of the day i can't live without him so we talked and that matter is resolved...hes admitted that it was also his fault and that he had cheated on me not long before we finished.

recently he told me that he still wants to be with me and i feel the same...the thing is is that he is with someone else but he nos he doesnt feel the same way about her as he does about me. i think this is completely unfair towards this new girl...if he doesnt love her then hes just goin to hurt the girl and himself in the lonng run.

my friends hav told me that he is no good and that i shud just leave him to grow up and get over himself but its not that easy

i have a strange feeling though that the onli reason hes tellin me he still loves me and that he still wants to be wv me is a way of keeping me close for his own benefit...as if he doesnt want a serious relationship wv either of us. i want to move on but i feel that i can't when i no there could be another chance between us...he had treated me badly but he seems deeply and truly sorry for his actions and i am a very forgiving person.

am i foolish for wanting to be with him or for thinkin we could make it work again? am i just wasting my time with him?

please give me yur thoughts :)
    Been there done that! GO WITH YOUR GUT! Trust me on that. PLEASE! He's playing you. And, what makes you think that if you do get back together with him that it's not going to go back to square one. He wants what he can't have and is "being bad" by having two gals. He wants to try to see how far he can go with you before you break and say "i've had enough and deserve better." I know it sucks being alone, but it's only for the first 2 weeks. Then it's time to "toughin up" and go DATE! That's what makes it so fun. And, everyone is used to the norm. It feels good to go back to what you once had, but you can develop those same feelings with another person. It's exciting. Look at it that way. Don't waste your time. He'll jerk you over again. I know that for a fact.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jan 2, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annajelly
    i have a strange feeling ........

Follow your instinct. I’ve learned over the years it’s almost always right. It's a woman thing!:)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 04:54 PM
    Your gut is right, as this guy is not to be trusted

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

Proactive does it work or am I just wasting my time? [ 13 Answers ]

I have been using proactive for about 2 weeks now, and it doesn't seem like its working, I have had a pre-menstrual breakout, but still. For those who have used it before. Does it work or am I wasting my time using it? :confused:

12.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Smokes fom Time to Time [ 9 Answers ]

This engine apprears to start and run fine. However, from time to time it will smoke like a freight train then clear up and be find. This may occur several times in a two hour period. Any sujections on what may be the cause? Thanks for your Help!

Wasting my time? [ 4 Answers ]

Wow! Where to begin? So there is this girl, we've been friends for over 2 years now. For the first year we wasn't the best of friends, but this year that has changed. We are best friends and we are really close. :) I've liked this girl since I first got to know her last year, but I'm the kind of...

Wasting shower water [ 4 Answers ]

We, just bought a house and noticed a strange plastic pipe line going upfrom the laundry sink to the upstairs shower. When you run a bath there is no problem when you turn the shower on not all the water goes to the shower head some goes through this pipe and down into the laundry sink and runs...

View more questions Search