Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Quickdraw5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 11:22 AM
    SSDI system dragging there feet.
    I have been fighting with the SSDI system since 08-2001 and have finally after congressional assistance won my claim several month ago. What I am having a problem with now is getting them to release the money. I have no judgments against me except child support. Is there any way I can help them move a little faster or is there any organization out there that can help. Through this process I have had help from friends and family and also been homeless from time to time, if help doesn't come soon I will be again. It's hard when you were always the one helping. I am still not familiar with many of the organizations out there helping disabled people.
    BlueMoon777 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Wow, that was a very long time to have to wait. As far as the money, I have heard that they drag their feet in sending the checks but that's hearsay. That's all that I know about receiving the money. Did you have an attorney and if so, coudn't you ask him/her? I hope you hear something soon.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Government! Their wheels turn slowly and the payments are minimal. But it's better than nothing. Quit blaming yourself, if you are. As far as people helping you out, the helper is usually benefitting as much as the helpee. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. It will change... everything changes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSDI and Self Employment [ 4 Answers ]

My SSDI benefit isn't enough to meet my monthly expenses and I need to go to work, but can't afford to lose my benefit and insurance. Is there a way that I can either become self employed or go to work for someone else on a 1099-MISC basis?

Please help ssdi ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have written a couple questions about social security I have one more question if you don't care. I called ssa and asked about my claim last week they told me it went from Baltimore Maryland to pittsburg does anybody know why they sent it to pittsburg. Is that were they issue checks that the...

Ssi and ssdi [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know if a privet person sue you when you are on ssi and ssdi thank you

Ssi&ssdi [ 2 Answers ]

I like to know if you are on ssiand ssdi can some one sue you and to hold are checks thank you

View more questions Search