Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lady1226 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Hebrew Tribes
    My son is getting married and one of the questions I need for his Ketubah is whether we are Levi's Kohen's or Israelites. How do I fid the answer to this. No senior members of our family are alive to tell us. Thanks.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Oct 30, 2007, 01:35 PM
    In short, if you are Jewish, that being your mother's Jewish, and you have neither a patrilineal lineage of Levi or Cohen on the father's side of the family, you are considered Israel.

Bobby
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Nov 1, 2007, 06:49 PM
    The bottom line practical answer is that if you were a kohen or levi, you'd know. Since it comes patrilineally, you could ask the groom's father. You can also look on your own ketuba which would have the father's status on it. Assume you are a Yisroel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the meaning of christ in hebrew [ 23 Answers ]

What is the meaning (definition) of christ in hebrew

The number 18 in Hebrew ? [ 6 Answers ]

I remember this lady once wearing a pendant on a chain around her neck. Someone asked her something about it and she said it was the # 18 in Hebrew... and that the # 18 meant... life. I never did get the full story, so I'm wondering now what does that mean. Is...

Learning Hebrew [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm wanting to learn a 3rd language and I want it to be Hebrew. Should I go to the bookstore and buy some tapes or what's the easiest way? Thanks!

What are the hebrew letters for Archer and or Master Archer [ 1 Answers ]

Please provide the hebrew letters for archer or master archer. I Need help on this. :confused:

View more questions Search