Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evansnews Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Laptop keyboard
    My DELL Inspiron 2200 windows xp. Keyboard is not operating correctly I press 'h'key & the F5 key operates space bar is also the 'n'key backspace the 'y' and so on
    taff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by evansnews
    My DELL Inspiron 2200 windows xp. keyboard is not operating correctly I press 'h'key & the F5 key operates space bar is also the 'n'key backspace the 'y' and so on
    I had a similar problem I discovered that my keyboard was set on u.s setting and not on u.k setting have you tried resetting it
    rrr Posts: 91, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 09:14 AM
    My DELL Inspiron 2200 windows xp. keyboard is not operating correctly I press 'h'key & the F5 key operates space bar is also the 'n'key backspace the 'y' and so on
    If you're running windows, a bypass you can do is to use a on- screen keyboard.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 09:25 AM
    I had a similar problem as well. It turned out the wiring was fried, I needed to buy a new keyboard (£70 :eek:) Until I got round to that I used a usb keyboard which was a more friendly £7 and was a very good solution for me. Perhaps you can try that until you can figure out the problem.
    evansnews Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by taff
    i had a similar problem i discovered that my keyboard was set on u.s setting and not on u.k setting have you tried resetting it
    I've tried but keeps on changing back thanks anyway I'm wondering whether I've got a virus
    JavidM Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 10:29 AM
    YOU need a new keyboard...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop keyboard is locked [ 8 Answers ]

How do I unlock the keyboard on dell inspiron 2500?

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

Laptop Keyboard Locked [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Goodmorning, I opened my laptop this morning and the keyboard does not work. I tried typing and nothing happens. Can somebody please help me.

Laptop keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

I turned on my laptop this morning and I can't seem to type out the letters "o" and "p",

View more questions Search