Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beabum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Corian Installation
    Has anyone worked with corian? I bought a sheet of corian and have cut my sink hole and routed the edges my next step is just to lay in on my vanity.

Question is do I need to lay and type of support underneath like plywood before I lay the corian in?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 07:27 AM
    When the Corion was installed on my kitchen remodel a couple of years ago, all that was done was to 1) make sure the top was flat, and 2) lay a bead of silicone on all of the cabinet tops and position the Corion in place. Then let it sit for 24 hours so the silicone can cure.
    heaphy Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Dec 17, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beabum
    Has anyone worked with corian? I bought a sheet of corian and have cut my sink hole and routed the edges my next step is just to lay in on my vanity.

Question is do I need to lay and type of support underneath like plywood before I lay the corian in?
    Corian should be installed on an open framework, rather than on solid plywood. You can install it directly on the top of the vanity cabinet. Use a dab of silicone every 18" around the perimiter. My website has lots of information about what can go wrong with Corian installation, and how to do it right.

Top Repair - Your Countertops Like New Again. DuPont Corian and Other Brands

- Jim Heaphy
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2007, 06:10 PM
    This video should help -- seems like a simple job Chapter 1 & 2

Corian Kitchen Countertop Installation Video, Working on the Kitchen, Habitat for Humanity, Home Again, Bob on TV, BobVila.com

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did,
    but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    --Mayo Angelou

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corian Counter top installation [ 2 Answers ]

I was given 2 sheets of corian counter top from a builder friend of mine, how do I install and what do I use to cut it?

Corian [ 1 Answers ]

How do I refinish a corian countertop?

Corian [ 2 Answers ]

Iam looking to refinish a corian counter top. It is presently black, I assume sanding is necessary and then a sealant of some kind? All help would be appreciated, thanks

Corian finishing [ 1 Answers ]

I have just sanded my corian counter tops after nine years use, and scratches came out nicely but it left a satin dull finish( I used 330 wet/dry) and some sander marks. Is there some polishing I need to do to the surface if so with what?

View more questions Search