Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Oct 29, 2007, 02:00 AM
    I need music for sleeping,but.
    I don’t know why but it is true that I can’t sleep well at night, it is very hard for me to fall asleep! So after I go to bed, I would like to listen to some music to relax, then fall asleep with the music. But I live with one of my colleagues. She usually goes to bed early, and she doesn’t like to hear any noise after she goes to bed, but I need music to fall asleep. I do not know what to do! I was thinking abut to rent an apartment, but I feel unsafe to live outside, I never live alone. I remember one night at 9pm, I was watching TV, the sound is normal, even I can hear the sound from our neighbour, but suddenly she yielded at me and asked me to turn down the sound of TV. I was scared badly by her!
    I do not know what to do! I can’t sleep well until weekend, cause she goes to spend weekend with her boyfriend. Can somebody give me some idea? Many thanks!:confused: :(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 02:10 AM
    What about using earphones to hear the music as you try to go to sleep? That shouldn't bug anybody with sound if you use earphones. Maybe they could also be called "headphones."

Oct 29, 2007, 02:29 AM
    I was thinking about using earphone,but I only have DVD player which can't use earphone to listen! That is the point!any other advice?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 02:39 AM
    Are you saying that your DVD player doesn't have a place in which to plug in earphones?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 29, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Chances are your DVD does have a place to plug in earphones, you just may not know where to look. Could you go to the store you purchased it from to ask? Maybe you could find the product online and learn more about it?

Is it possible to find a small MP3 player, or FM radio you could use? My alarm clock/radio has a place to plug in ear phones.

You could also try keeping the sound low and moving the radio closer to your bed.

Oct 29, 2007, 06:02 PM
    I never checked my DVD player, but my friends told me there must be no place to plug earphone! So I never checked, I will check tonight, hope it will surprise me! But it was my first time to hear that alarm clock has place to plug earphone! I do not like electronic products at all, in the past, my younger brother take care of everything for me, but now I am far away from my family, and I have to do everything for myself, bad!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 06:25 PM
    You can get a Coby Mp3 player for about $20 at kmart and earphones for about $2 to 5 and a pack of Fuji batteries for $1.49at Big Lots or a dollar store.
    But you have to download music from the computer. I uploaded my favorite songs from my CD's into the computer and then put them into my Mp3. It holds about 3 hours of songs and then repeats. I love it. When I was a teen-ager I use to put my transistor radio under my pillow.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Of courrse getting a new CD player would be a lot cheaper than moving. They also make special pillow speakers that are designed to fit under the pillow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sleeping Well [ 7 Answers ]

I have trouble falling asleep so much that it comes to staying up till 2am and I sleep in till 2pm, is there any common foods or drinks that could help me fall asleep better? P.s. I am only a preteen

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

Not sleeping well [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 18yrs old, just graduated from high school. I noticed there was something wrong with me during my last year of high school, so I started seeing a counselor/therapist. We've been talking for a while, and after 2or3 months, he told me that I have dysthymia. I started seeing my counselor in...

Sleeping pill name [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know of a OTC sleeping pill that is strong enough to keep me asleep, and I won't be woken up to getting stepped on, loud noises, alarm clocks, etc...

My friend sleeping around [ 5 Answers ]

My friend laura is 15 and she is great fun but over the past year she has become like a slag I'm very worried for her as I don't want her 2 get a name for herself which is already happening she goes meeting different lads all the time and she keeps swopping boyfriends all the time when she goes out...

View more questions Search