Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kasandera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 12:13 AM
    Older clare furnace with loud blower motor
    I have a clare furnace model # HEM8 90-8 direct vent. The blower motor started making a lot of noise so I removed it and checked it out. There is a fan blade inside and it broke free from the piece that slips over the shaft. I tried to get it to stay which it did for a bit and it started making the noise again. I guess I need at a minimum a new fan blade or a new blower motor, the problem is I can not find one anywhere. The information I got of the blower motor is as follows: Model Emerson K33HXCFE-964 Volt 120 RPM- 3450 Pt.No. M-053 Mfg. No. M008.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 29, 2007, 04:34 AM
    M053 Clare Bros. OEM ***

K 33 HX CFE-964 M053 CLARE BROS OEM

The 3 *** means it is Original Equiptment Motor. You will have to contact Clere brothers for a replacement or get yours rebuilt.

Clare (also known as Clare Brothers) is a product line of oil furnaces, and is owned by International Comfort Products(ICP) (which in turn is owned by Carrier, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation). ICP markets furnaces under the brand names of Arcoaire, Clare, Comfortmaker, Dettson, Heil, KeepRite, Lincoln, and Tempstar. Clare makes residential furnaces and is headquartered in Canada. Clare does not have a public website.

OR contact ICP they might be able to steer you to a company that will have the motor and other parts you need.

Phone:
    ICP Customer Support: (931) 359-3511
    ICP's Administrative Offices: (800) 458-6650
    Boxedn75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 01:52 PM
    The blower motor is simpoly non existent anymore. Im having to have the induced draft motor rebuilt on the unit I'm fixing... Good luck finding it and if you do.. please buy two... one for you, one for me thanks;")

Jan 11, 2010, 02:56 PM
    Post pictures of the old motor with specs.
    Boxedn75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 03:27 PM
    It's a 3.0 amp 3200 rpm Electrohome with a 5/16 drive shaft. I have no idea how to post a photo on here

Jan 11, 2010, 06:12 PM
    Go to advanced then to paperclip then pick the picture off your computer and upload.
    milton1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 09:09 AM
    Ihave the same problem fan is plastic and self destructs in tim. Likely made in china
    The furnace is only 15 years old, now I have to replace it?
    Joe19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2012, 12:13 PM
    We have a Clare brothers furnace Model CMD080NH3R serial #960221187. I would like to know how many BTU this furnace is and if it's a high or mid efficiency.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2012, 12:19 PM
    My guess would be 80%, minimal efficiency today, with a 96,000 BTU input.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower/Air Handler motor noise. Loud humming. [ 2 Answers ]

We have ~ 1991 Carrier 58sx high efficiency condensing furnace and central AC. Now the air handler is making a loud humming/vibration noise when the fan kicks in (the blower motor for the air handler makes the noise, not the gas furnace/exhaust blower). The serious electrical humm is loudest when...

A/C Loud Buzzing - Blower Motor won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

My air handler is making a loud buzzing noise when it attempts to engage. The blower motor will not turn on, although the motor and attached "squirrel cage" appears to turn okay, so I'm guessing the bearings are okay. Is this a capacitor problem, or am I likely to need a new compressor? The unit...

Furnace blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a older home with a older furnace. I started it up this fall and the blower continues to run after the house has warmed and the themostat has turned off. The blower runs and runs, blowing cool air. To stop it I have to turn off the main switch to the furnace. What do you think the...

Air/Furnance Blower [ 1 Answers ]

Our air conditioning was working fine until last week. Now after it is on several hours the blower quits running. The air conditioner is still running. I shut the whole system off for an hour or so and the blower on the furnace comes back on. We had the relay switch replaced last winter when...

View more questions Search