Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tayakb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Cannot Log on in XP
    :mad: Please some one help me as I am desperate. I have recently been given a 2 pc's from my father as he closed down his business and moved abroad. One of the pc's I managed to customise to my liking. I changed the passwords of the administrator account and added more users. I then tried to do the same with the next PC but as I was changing the password for administrator it disabled the admin account and shut down without me being able to intercept whatever was happening. Now when I startup, at the logon window it has my fathers first name instead of administrator and will not except any passwords I use.

I worked and helped set up the business with my father & was gate keeper of all the passwords for the network & individual stations. I have used all the passwords this PC has ever had and tried changing the user name to admin but still nothing. I have even used different user names and no password but still nothing.

Please give me some help because this is driving me crazy & my other PC is about to burn out so need to get this PC logged into.

I have a DELL Dimension 4100 but have no cds as he has no idea where he put any of them including the disks for XP:mad:
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Look under Password Management on this link

Windows XP Resource Center

Would really appreciate a positive response if this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't log into Facebook [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering if i had a virus on my computer ive tried everyway to log into facebook and when i get to the beg of the page it goes back to this... we can't find "http://as.casalemedia.com/s?s=82460&u=ht..." what does that mean and i try refresh no luck i try loggin back in different ways no...

Can't Log Out [ 2 Answers ]

I have Windows XP with three user accounts set up. I can not log out of any of the user accounts in the normal way. I have to pull up the task manager and use the log off option there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff

Log siding [ 2 Answers ]

Would someone know if it's possible to make your own sidding with pine tree? If so what is the best way to proceed? Thanks

View more questions Search