Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    takessa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Bad conduct disharge
    I got a bad conduct discharge in 1989 and I thought that there was no way to have it reversed. Now I want it changed. I got caught on a bad urinalysis test. I knew I had a problem, and I told them that. Prior to my court marshal I had never been in any trouble. I got sentenced to 75 day in the brig and I got out in 60 day because I had good conduct. I want to know should they have offered me the chance at a rehab program and a better discharge. Is there any way I can get it changed now?
    outtheresister Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by takessa
    i got a bad conduct discharge in 1989 and i thought that there was no way to have it reversed. Now I want it changed. I got caught on a bad urinalysis test. I knew I had a problem, and I told them that. Prior to my court marshal I had never been in any trouble. I got sentenced to 75 day in the brig and I got out in 60 day because I had good conduct. I want to know should they have offered me the chance at a rehab program and a better discharge. Is there any way I can get it changed now?
    As far as I know the discharge label is forever, but don't sweat it. If you learned from your mistake then you have nothing to fear. Good Luck
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Hello t:

There is a discharge review board in Washington, DC. You'll need a lawyer.

excon
    greyeagle Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 08:33 PM
    There Is A 15 Yr Time Limit On Getting A Discharge Upgraded,I Also Received A Bcd In 1969,and I Have To Live With It! I Was Held For 9 Months With Out A Court Martial! My Lawyer Tried To Get Charges Dropped,but To No Avail,I'm Sorry,but I Think Your Limitation Is Up 1989-2007--17yrs Has Gone By

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad conduct discharge [ 11 Answers ]

Is there any sight that tells a persons rights or lack there of ,after a bad conduct discharge,I got it when I was 19 ,admitted I was wrong and it was either admit it or they were going to fry me,id rather be free and a failure than locked up ,at that time. That was 17 years ago,Ive tried to get...

Bad conduct discharge [ 13 Answers ]

I received a bad conduct discharge from the Navy 15 years ago for AWOL, I served 6 months in the Brig, was reduced from E4 to E1, and loss of all benefits, can I have that upgraded in any way or get any benefits or shall I have to live with that mistake for the rest of my life. I didn't do drugs...

Can I get a military base pass with a Bad Conduct Discharge? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if having a BCD would prohibit me from getting a military base pass? My current job will involve me dealing with civilian contractors on several military bases. I will be sponsored by one of the companies currently doing business with the bases. I do not want to cause any...

Bad Conduct discharge [ 1 Answers ]

End

View more questions Search