Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mylainey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Unusual spots on my dogs eyes
    Help! I have a 3 year old King Charles Spaniel and noticed a couple of months ago a tiny smudge on her eye. It has gotten slightly larger and there is now a tiny smudge on her other eye. Looks like someone with a greasy finger touched the outside of her eye in a small part of her pupil area. Noticed that a similar question was asked in 2003 but no resolution was given. Have been to the vet and have ruled out the usual culprits, glaucoma, cataracts, etc. Tried antibiotic ointment with no change. We spend a lot of time in the woods and spent a fair time swimming in the Atlantic Ocean this summer. Does anyone have any ideas?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2007, 05:29 PM
    I don't like the sound of it. Perhaps try a second vet.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 06:08 AM
    mylainey, Labman is right. I wouldn't just let my vet dismiss this if I were in your position. King Charles Cavalier Spaniels are very sweet dogs and make great pet therapy dogs, but due to the excessive overbreeding, they are prone to so many medical disorders. Here are a couple of links for you to read just to give you a general idea as to what you may have to contend with as your dog ages
    Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Information and Pictures
    Eye Disorders In Cavalier King Charles Spaniels

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fading Age Spots, Sun Spots, Freckles & Tan Lines? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I've just found this forum while Googling for effective ways to achieve what my topic's title describes. I've browsed through many of the posts here but couldn't find the answers I seek. I'm fair skinned and have some sun damage resulting from a bad sunburn a few months ago. Even...

Hot Dogs For Dogs [ 7 Answers ]

My 20 Month Old -13 Lb Female Shih Tzu Has Always Been A Picky Eater. Recently We Gave Her A Beef Hot Dog... she Won't Eat Anything Else. I Give Her 2 Hot Dogs At Noon & 2 At 6pm... she Lovvvvvvvvves Them & Is Happy As Can Be. Am I Feeding Her Too Much & Is She Getting Proper Nutrition? Thank You

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Cloudy spots on my dogs eye [ 7 Answers ]

I have a very healthy 5 year old male boxer mix. About 4 months ago I noticed a small cloudy spot on on his right eye. We immediately took him to the vet. They stated that it was not ulcers, glacoma, or cataracs, but a mineral deposit. They suggested changing his food and checking the eye...

View more questions Search