Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ranlas Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2005, 11:39 PM
    SLI M/Board with 2 PCI slots.
    I am getting a SLI M/Board with 2 PCI-E and 2 PCI slots. My problem is that I have a Fax Modem, a Sound Card and a Capture Card. Is there a way I can get 3 into 2 ? All 3 cards will not go into PCI-E slots.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 8, 2005, 06:55 AM
    Sounds like you need to replace one of those cards with either a USB or PCI-E compatible device. Or you could get an external modem instead of an Internal. There are plenty of USB capture devices.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Nov 8, 2005, 10:30 AM
    It may be that the new mobo will have onboard sound. Is this acceptable, if so you don't need the pci card!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 8, 2005, 11:00 AM
    AS Stu has already mentioned, most modern Mobo's come with excellent on board sound and I believe that SLI boards have 7.1 sound.
    It would be best to dump your sound card oand use the on board one instead.

There is always the option of dumping the modem card and getting an external unit instead.

Either way is good.
    ranlas Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2005, 01:27 PM
    SLI M/Board
    Thank you all for the advice.I will probably leave the sound card out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaving the Board [ 65 Answers ]

Due to some people on here my replies will be given to those who wish to ask me a question via an email address, My time is given to help those who genuinley need advise and help and not those who want to waste time with petty comment on others answers. Sorry for any inconvienience this may cause...

Barn board [ 1 Answers ]

I have ugly dark barn board on the lower half of my basement walls in my rec room. Can you paint these and if so do you have to have special paint for this. I'm not sure paint would even cover all the crevices and nooks in the wood. Any ideas?

View more questions Search