Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pappupager Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 11:49 AM
    LAN Cabling Procedure
    I want to know the CABLING procedure to connect a Computer/Computer's via LAN cable end-to-end to a SWITCH or HUB
    greymars Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 11:59 AM
    for a comp to comp lan you're going to need an rj45 twisted cable
    for the comp to switch/hub u'll need a direct ( not twisted ) rj45 cable
    if you're going to make your own cables her's the pin shemas
    twisted : 1-> 3 and 2 -> 6
    normal ! : normal ^_^
    good luck
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 28, 2007, 01:06 PM
    You need to define what you want more clearly. Are you looking tomake your own cable. Connect 2 PCs together? Connect PCs to a LAN or what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network Cabling [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to use one pair of utp cable to connect internet

Covering cabling with loft insulation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have just had our loft insulated by a professional firm, and in the loft they have left a checklist (which is not checked) which has a number of questions on it. One of the questions is something like "has all cabling of more than 5a been left uncovered?" They have not left any of the...

Lan To Lan Internet Sharing Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Tnx for reading.. hope you can help me.. here is my question with all the information I can think.. I have 2 computers I'm using windows XP SP2 I don't have any router or switch My 1st computer have an internet connection with 2 lancards My 2nd computer have no internet connection with...

Network cabling [ 17 Answers ]

Condition 10 of Terms and Conditions of Employment: Do whatever your boss tells you to do! A new office has been built. At each desk location there are 2 CAT5 cables. In the lobby where there will be a BT line coming in, a bunch of cables hang down with bare ends (no connectors on ends). Below...

Question on BX cabling... [ 2 Answers ]

Seems that my house built in the early 50s is wired completely w/ BX cabling. All cabling is protected in metal tubing. I recently had to convert a light fixture to an outlet for an electric garage door opener. When I cut the bx armor and looked at the wiring it looked very frail and old, the...

View more questions Search