Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PinkLeo0805 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Cartilage Piercing
    I want to get my own cartilage pierced. Say I am doing it right now, and all I have are cotton balls, a new earring, and an ice cube, could I pierce the cartilage? Or would it not be safe? And where is it okay to pierce the cartialge? Are there dangerous places to peirce it? I'm worried that if I pierce it wrong the cartilage will shatter.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 11:00 AM
    It is not safe to do any kind of "at home" piercing. If done wrong it could look bad and lead to infection. Let a professional take care of this for you; the outcome will be a lot better.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 28, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Which cartilage? Are you aware of the nerves running through some cartilages?

Also, your equipment is not sterile. There is no way to sterilize equipment at home. You risk introducing infection.
    fieldrider08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2011, 11:16 PM
    I just pierced my cartilages.. they are coming along well, but hurt only afterwards. I sterilized an earing and my whole ear and then shined a flashlight behind my ear, so I could at least TRY and avoid any blood vessels (little red vein looking things) and then I arked it with eyeliner and put ice on it until it started getting numb. (I knew this because my ear got cold enough that it stopped making a crackeling type noise because it meant it was cold enough to NOT melt the ice.) after I again cleaned it with alcohol. I was just determined and hurried to place my thumb and index finger on each side, I poked it right through the three layers. It was pretty swollen and burning the next day, then it would hurt to touch it, then my mom pulled at them when cutting my hair on accident, you should also be careful you don't get your hair wrapped in it. But yea they were in pain for a day, but now they are itchy and I don't know if it is a sign of healing but I am able to twist them without pain and lay on them. I guess everybody's is different, I didn't feel a thing at first I promise. But pain is different to everyone. Well I'm only 15 and don't trust others piercing my ears because my first wholes I passed out! So I have done my last 3 myself and they are great! GOOD LUCK!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I am thinking of getting my cartilage pierced.. I was wondering how much that would hurt?

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 9 days ago and it seemed to be fine. Now it's red and is tender. There isn't any puss or scabs but it hurts to touch or lay on. Is this normal or is it infected? :confused:

Cartilage Piercing [ 16 Answers ]

Is this piercing okay to do with a peircing gun?:D

Cartilage Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got a third lobe and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

Cartilage Piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I got a third lob and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

View more questions Search