Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GrayWolf45 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 05:28 AM
    Intertherm furnace
    Hi I have a Intertherm Model MMHA 070ABHr-01 gas. Had a tech out replaced the ignitor/and adjusted it. Problem still is furnace calls for heat prepurge fan motor kicks?? In, ignites runs for 2-3 minutes kicks out fan motor starts runs for 30 sec shuts off. In the mean time the furnace has restarted only this time it will finish the whole heating cycle.?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 28, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Try setting the thermostat higher to see if that helps. If not post back.

Oct 29, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Ok that seems to work ,but I can`t keep setting it higher each time. Bad thermostat?

Oct 29, 2007, 04:19 AM
    You might have to adjust your thermostats heat anticipator. Look in the sticky notes at the beginning of this board for info.

Oct 29, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Ok I`ve the ajusted anticipator it to short cycles ,seems to work the best but furnace runs every 15 minutes. Larger cycles seem to produce the same problem as first stated. Programmable thermostat the answer? Lower temp to kick in higher temp to shut off/. Seems if a manually set the temp higher 4-5 degrees it runs perfect.

Oct 29, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Yep sounds like a thermostat or thermostat location problem.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Oct 29, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Do this before replacing the t-stat,( I've had 8 spiders nest in 3 days)this is the same situation
    Measure the air in and air out,, if you temperature difference is too low ,you may have a small flame, this will cause the fan to short cycle. Possibly a spiders web in the gas orifice?

Again, just a guess

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My intertherm furnace pilot lights but furnace won't kick on [ 5 Answers ]

I need some diagnostic help. We have a full propane tank. A new burner plate (last year) and the blower works. We light the pilot but the knob should pop up after one minute thus lighting the furnace. It won't pop up. What part should we replace? The furnace is a 17 year old Intertherm MGH...

Intertherm Furnace [ 4 Answers ]

My furnace Intertherm Model # MHHB-077ABHR-06 just starteed kicking the blower in and out. The blower will run for 30 seconds, then stop, about 10 seconds later, it'll kick in again. Sometimes this will go on for 15 minutes. The flame is kicking in and it has electronic ignition.

Intertherm furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have just in the last month had an Intertherm furnace installed, and since installation they have had to come in twice because they claim the starter button is not firing. They replaced it and now it is on the fritz again. It starts for about 8 seconds and cuts out. There is fuel in the tank....

Intertherm furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1985 modular home and the intertherm blower fan on my furnace quit working is it too hard to fix or change?:confused: Also what is the cost to fix it?:eek: Please help!! :) Thank you Rachell

View more questions Search