Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catitude Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2007, 03:01 AM
    Oh yeah that's a group lesson which has about 16 other people in it
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 03:02 AM
    Why do you think that the teacher has given up on you?

Oct 29, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Well, He's Like (Myname) If your not going to put in any practice I won't help you and I do practice and I say that and then he says if you practiced you'd be better than that and yeah so now when he asks what note something is or what position this note is I get it wrong and then he sighs heavily and goes on to the next student which doesn't make me feel to good.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 03:16 AM
    He really doesn't sound like a very good teacher. He should be willing to help you to do better at playing. Do you put in any practice on your own? If you do, how much and how often?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 03:20 AM
    Are you there? I can see that you are wandering around this site. I would like to help you. I am trying to get to know you and what the things are about which you are concerned.

I do care.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 03:32 AM
    Okay. I can see that you are offline right now. I am hopeful that we can continue this discussion at a late time then.

Oct 29, 2007, 03:36 AM
    I do put in some practice about an hour on the weekend and about 15 minutes during lunch but I still can't get it the notes look like dots and lines I can't make the trombone go any higher than an F I can't remember the slide positions I don't really like my teacher I think he's mean but that's probably just me.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 04:07 AM
    I hope that you received my private message. I really do need to go to bed now. I do want to help you. I do care what is happening to you. Okay?
    Ronit Baras Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catitude
    I'm 11 and every monday at school we have this band and it's mandatory i really have trouble reading music notes just because i can't remember them and the teacher really puts pressure on everyone it's really hard because we have a test every second week and i go up front and i have to play infront of everyone and i get so nervous and my face goes really red
    and then i really suck and the teacher's like i'm very disappointed with you and then i feel like i've let everyone down and then i feel really bad for the rest of the day then one day the teacher called me into his office and we had this talk about how if i don't get better i'll fail and i explained to him i just can't do it and he says just practice so once i practiced everynight for an hour then when we had a test i still sucked so when i got home i started cutting myself and throwing myself onto the wall because i felt like i sucked so bad and i was worthless i thought that i deserved this then my mum came in and saw me and she got really angry and started yelling at me and saying why would you do this to yourself and i just sat there when she left i felt really bad so i put my compass through my finger then i just started crying uncontrollably
    and i just ran away up to the nature reserve i stayed there for 2 nights then my dad came and took me back home now we have a test tomorrow and i'm really nervous i thought of killing myself just because i'm really scared of how i will go and i don't know what to do and i can't talk to anyone because i just start crying and then i feel embarrassed and then i just can't talk to them my throat locks up and i just run away i hate going to school on mondays that once i slashed my mums tyres just so we didn't have to go but i still had to go because dad came and picked me up. can someone tell me what to do i really dont know what to do...
    Life is precious!
    This is a wrist band my son wears. He is your age.
    It is just a test. Ignore it!
    Tell your dad and your teacher that you are OK with not being the best at music. I'm not good with music, do you think my life is worthless?
    Don't ever let anyone tell you that you should be something you're not. We all have things we are good at and things we are not good at. This is fine!!
    Write a letter to your teacher, tell her she puts so much pressure on you that you can't handle.
    Go to any teacher you feel you can and tell her that you need her/ his help.
    Don't hurt yourself for other people's lack of understanding.
    I'm sure you're wonderful and have great qualities in you that one day will come out.
    Write this in your journal if you have one and I hope that one year, 10 years from now, you would look at this and say, "I once wanted to kill myself because someone else was not nice to me" and lough about it.
    I know it is hard to believe now, but one day, you'll be a grown up and make your own choices.
    Remember, your body is the tool to experience life with. Take care of it!

Go to the test and tell your teacher. I'm not going to stand for the test, give me F and say it with confidence. No F is going to determine your life. School is not that important and I'm saying it to you as a teacher.

Have strength tomorrow.

Hugs
    Ronit Baras
    Teen Book: Be Special, Be Yourself for Teenagers

Oct 30, 2007, 11:40 PM
    Thanks everyone we don't have music for another 2 weeks so I'm pretty happy I'm going on a interstate school trip on Monday so I won't be on for a while so bye
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 01:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catitude
    Thanks everyone we don't have music for another 2 weeks so i'm pretty happy i'm going on a interstate school trip on monday so i won't be on for a while so bye
    Thank you for letting us know what is going on with you! Please let us know how your trip went!

I do look forward to discussing the music things with you and how you feel about them.
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Oct 31, 2007, 01:49 AM
    OMD! My poor baby,I feel so sad to hear your story,I would like to tell you my story.When I was in junir high school,we have one music lesson one week,our music teacher was very young and beautiful but extremely strict!she asked us to write a melody every two weeks and then sing for others.I got very nervous cause I was totally not good at music,all my classmates laughed at me after they listened to my first music,I felt disappointed and frustrated, and began to hate my music teacher,why she asked to do that,why?I do not understand,music lession was my nightmare after that.but I never did something bad to hurt myself at that time,I always told myself there is no jack of all trades.I have tried my best,that is enough!so I have a happy childhood! Don't be sad any more,you have to do many things in your whole life,but you can't guarantee all you done can satisfy everybody,nobody can make sure for that,the point is that you have make your effort.if you can understand what I say,you will be happy!don't put more pressure on yourself!you should have a happy life!!
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 11:45 PM
    So, how was your trip, catitude?
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Nov 2, 2007, 02:22 AM
    I am wondering too!

Nov 2, 2007, 06:39 PM
    I meant I don't leave till Monday sorry. And it's not Monday yet here it's only Saturday...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 09:40 PM
    The teacher is being unreasonable I would say. Not everybody is good at everything.
    I mean like if she doesn't know a thing about Einsteins relativity stuff and she can't understand it would she want that kind of pressure for it being beyond her comprehension?
    Not everybody is a Rembrandt or a Mozart! I don't even really understand the different ranges in music. I couldn't tell you what an octave is, but I can draw and I can cook.
    I am tone deaf when it comes to understanding music but I love music.
    All you can do is the best you can. Someday you will be out of school and her class won't mean two hoots to you. Excel at what classes you do good at and just do the best you can in hers.
    eaca1234 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2007, 08:15 PM
    This teacher sounds utterly ridiculous.
    I say you take different classes at school and instead take private, stress-free trombone lessons after school or on weekends or something.
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Nov 13, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Private lessons are pretty expensive, and only really worth it if you take your music seriously. Otherwise it might be a really good idea to drop music if it's causing you so much stress. I know that won't necessarily please your parents, but it's worth letting them know how you feel.
    Do you find you have this problem whenever you're under pressure, or is it just with this one teacher? I agree that your teacher's attitude is appalling, and you shouldn't take to heart what he is saying.
    If you find that you're often feeling this way, I strongly suggest talking to a friend or a counsellor. If nothing else, a counsellor can help by speaking to your parents for you and helping them to understand how difficult you are finding things. If you don't feel comfortable saying these things to someone, copy what you've written on this thread, print it out and give it to the counsellor to read.
    Remember that it's OK to cry, but try not to make yourself hurt more than you're already hurting.
    Take care,
    Kal
    Natt Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Nov 16, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Where bouts in australia are you in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So scared [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody Can someone out there lend me a hand? Im going through huge upheaval at the moment. I feel like Im losing everything that matters to me. What is going on? Will I find the right man for me? Will I ever have kids? Im so tired and hate waking up in the morning, only to feel...

I'm so scared [ 2 Answers ]

Thnaks

I'm scared [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 16 years old and I'm scared. I've been with my boyfriend for 14 months and he left for the navy yesterday, I'm a very emotional person and I'm scared about how I'm going to feel when I really start to miss him. I'm surprised at how little I cried when he left but every time that I remember...

Scared [ 14 Answers ]

I have this probem for years, if I meet someone and this person liked me and want to go out with me I give them my phone # to get to know them but then I got scared that if I go out with them they are not going to like me like they did when I met them by accident so I creat execused to not to see...

I'm scared [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to skip your period everyonce in awhile??

View more questions Search