Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pamics Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 09:12 PM
    how do I make a mold for ceramics?
    I have been thinking about this, I probably need to get some clay and just figure it out.
    Do I make a sculpt first then pour palster of paris over it?
    I think it would be fun to try it. I have been on the making end of ceramics, pouring, cleaning, painting, firing etc. and thought it would be fun to make a mold.
    Thank you all in advance, I am new to this site and this is my first question... thanks
    Pamics
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2007, 02:03 AM
    What sort of shapes are you wanting to make and how large? It would help to know that in order to answer your question better. Thank you!
    Pamics Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 07:17 PM
    To start with, a mold for a cup-a coffee mug like-hold about 12-14 oz,
    Does that help?
    And I was thinking about doing a stein mold (with a lid) too, with the viking dragon detail. It would be about 12-16" tall. or something like that.
    Mold sort of like that, what do you think?
    Thanks, Pamics
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 02:52 AM
    Smooth-On How To
    Ceramic Arts Daily | Today's Ceramic Arts Daily Tip
    HOW TO MAKE CERAMIC PRODUCTS

Try these links.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Porcelain vs Ceramics tiles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to distinguish a ceramic tile from a porcelain one. Cheers

Is this mold? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in my basement today, which is unfinished. The exposed wood is covered with a pastic sheet. I noticed on some of the boards there is a black film. Is this mold? It has been humid where I live and maybe the plastic over the wood created a mold growth situation? If this is mold, do I...

Mold [ 6 Answers ]

Hello my basement is unfished... last year we decided to put up blue stryaphone isolation over concrete walls... I am worried about mold because it is in a basement of an old farm house... if mold should grow behind the 1 inch blue styraphone is there anyway to know... thank you

Mold [ 1 Answers ]

I have been renting a house for 2yrs, about 8months ago we called our landlord and told him there was mold in our bathtub. He owns a contracting business, and sent one of his guys out to fix it. He only fixed half the problem and the mold grew back. We have called our landlord several time and...

Possible mold [ 1 Answers ]

We have an eight year old home with a day light basement. I have noticed some yellow spots on the bottom of the walls in two of the closets in the basement. If this is mold what can be done?

View more questions Search