Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AndreaB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2003, 03:19 PM
    Big Problems
    I have a few big problems with a new computer I purchased. I would really like to know if I can fix these problems, or if I need to return the computer.
    plaidoe Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2003, 05:27 PM
    Big Problems
    Ok... here is the deal! I no little about computers, but my husband is about the biggest computer geek there is. J/K, but he does know his computers and currently works for IBM. I asked him about your problem and this is what he said (I will copy and paste it on here). If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

************************************************** **************************************

Ok, it the motherboard truly did not support that processor, it would not boot at all. You can go into the Bios, (usually something like pressing F1 at boot) in the bios you can see if the motherboard is properly detecting your CPU, it is is, then that really isn't your issue. Windows 98 missupporting the chip could be due to several things.

F you have an old version of windows 98, you may need to go to www.microsoft.com and start downloading all of the service packs. That'll get 98 up to speed because when win98 was first released, a 1GHZ proccessor didn't exist. Now why it's causing instabillity and crashes:

Windows 98 isn't the best OS, and expessially if it's an old copy, those service packs may help. Otherwise I'd check out the memory as bad ram can cause all kinds of weird crashes, and you already formatted your drive so that would rule out a bad sector etc...

To check your ram you cam either swap it out with some new ram, or take the ram you have into a PC store and ask them to test it. You can also download free ram testing programs online... (search Google

BUt after all of that, if you just bought it, RETAIL, I'd probably take it back cause it's not worth your effort when they can give you a new one... BUt if you bought it off a friend or something, and you can't just exchange it, then I'd work with it cause it's really not THAT much... Goodluck

************************************************** **************************************

So, let me know what happens... good luck!

Holl
    [email protected]

P.s.- no one said he can type or spell... he he he
    satishkumar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2003, 12:54 AM
    Big Problems
    Hi Andrea,

Did you get the solution for your problem"A fatal exception 0E ...". I have the same problem.

Can you please advise me?

Regards
    Satish
    Subetki Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Windows Installer won't let me install Roxio Creator 7 or Nero 7. I keep getting error messages "Error 1324" and told to retry. That doesn't work. Is there special software that will clean up this problem every time it comes up when trying to install stuff?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gun problems [ 2 Answers ]

My wife loves playing paintball and so do I my question is my wife's gun has messed up the o-ring busted and I replaced it, but air still leaks out.I checked everything twice to see if their was anything else but I can't find anything.does anyone have any clue what's going on.

93 FGM Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 93 Grand Marquis that I've been trying to troubleshoot for a while now. I can't really figure out which it could be, no one in town has the diagnostic for the car for some strange reason not even ford. Well, there are places but they want to charge an arm and leg to test it. What's going...

Dvd problems [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes I absolutely can not get my DVD player to play a DVD. I can usually get the DVD to play on my computer but I much prefer to watch it on the TV. Any suggestions?

IP Cop problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have an IP Cop firewall that I am using to split my network in half. My setup consists of a Netgear router which goes out to my office netork of 5 or so computers, one of which is my IP Cop box. The IP Cop box then goes to a switch which I plug customer computers into. So essentially I have an...

View more questions Search