Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brickydawg Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 06:44 PM
    SSI and marriage
    I receive SSI and was wondering if I get married would I loose my benefits. My
    Boyfriend only makes about 20,000 a year, there is no way we could make it
    With just his income. I am in a wheelchair and recently had a partial food amputation.
    I've had 2 hips replaced, an illeostomy, and survived ovarian cancer. He will be retiring
    In a few years, but I really don't want to wait that long. Any one with any info on this
    Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Your state ( and each state is different) has their rules and regs for payments. With that said, talk to your case worker who may be able to look at it and give you an opinion. I do know in TN at 20,000 a family of three loses all of their state health benefits

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ssi disability [ 1 Answers ]

I live in North Carolina and filed bankruptcy in 2001 and confident I will win my disability case, can IRS or anyone get any of my settlement or monthly check. Any help will be appreciated

How do I get reinstated to SSI? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get reinstated to SSI? I would like to get reinstated to SSI.. I have just moved and am Having a lot of trouble getting work since I moved to a new state. So I would like to get reinstated.So I can go back to school...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

SSI reinstatement [ 1 Answers ]

I currently get SSI and Medicaid due to several disabilities. In the future I may get a one lump payment from a family trust which will temporarily put me over the income limit, probably for a few months after I pay off my debts and then I will still be disabled and broke again and in the same...

View more questions Search