Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgroves1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Hair Coloring- switching back to home color?
    I first started coloring my hair at age 30 and used home coloring products. At about age 33, I started having my hair colored professionally. Now I'm 36 and need to save some money and am wondering about coloring my hair at home again. My question is, can you return to home coloring after using a salon for so long? My natural color is a very dark brown. I've stayed a brunette and my color is a dark brown, with a lot of red too. I started coloring because of gray hair. I'm not really sure what percentage of gray I am now, but when I see my roots start to show, it looks like it might be about half gray.

Thanks!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 04:46 PM
    You can use home products after having your hair done at a salon, it's the same thing, basically, except you are doing the work, and if you mess it up, no one else is responsible.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 28, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Salon hair colors contain higher quality ingredients than at-home hair colors. But there are some store bought hair colors such as Loreal and Clairol that can give good results. You can use an at-home color to cover the new growth and refresh your color, but you should consult with your stylist before selecting a color. The stylist that did your hair can tell you what color to use so you don't end up with a bad dye job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair coloring at home disaster! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I need advice. I have dark brown hair and recently decided I wanted highlights in my hair. Well my neighbor, who is a cosmetologist, suggested we use a home kit because money was a factor. Well we did the highlights and they were to light were talking banana yellow. It was awful. So...

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

Home hair coloring [ 1 Answers ]

I colored my hair 2 days ago aand do not like the shade. How soon can I recolor ? I want to go a little darker.

Home hair coloring [ 2 Answers ]

I colored my hair at home 1 week ago and it didn't cover all my hair. Can I repeat the process in 1 week using 2 boxes instead of 1

Need help with home hair coloring [ 3 Answers ]

I have been coloring my hair for years, mostly shades of reds. I've most recently used L'Oreal Couleur Experte - 3.5 Chocolate Mousse. I loved the results but they are quickly fading, I used it about 6 weeks ago. I want to color my hair dirty blonde(like Feria shimmering sands) to light brown(my...

View more questions Search