Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agonzalez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Former employer slandering me to Recruiters
    I filed a Wage Claim against my Former Employer for Mileage that they were denying me. Then a couple of months later his brother who is also a employee there threatened me. I was contacted by a Recruiter for a job and I was told that she had contacted my previous employer and he begun to say very negative things about me in a slanderous way. Can I sue him for this? I did win my case for the Mileage and now I am filing a Retaliation Complaint against him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2007, 07:59 PM
    You may sue and win if.

What they are saying is untrue. If it is true, there is no defense

If you can prove it cost you the job

And if you can prove what they said, and that they said it
    outtheresister Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by agonzalez
    I filed a Wage Claim against my Former Employer for Mileage that they were denying me. Then a couple of months later his brother who is also a employee there threatend me. I was contacted by a Recruiter for a job and I was told that she had contacted my previous employer and he begun to say very negative things about me in a slanderous way. Can I sue him for this?? I did win my case for the Mileage and now I am filing a Retaliation Complaint against him.
    If I were you I would get a hold of a reporter (tell them your story) then see how fast your former employer backs off. They more then likely will never try to blacklist you again.

Media works

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find Employer [ 8 Answers ]

Find the current employer for Joseph C Harvey of Hempstead, New York

Employer being nosey [ 7 Answers ]

Does your employer have the legal right to ask for specifics concerning why you are going to the doctor? My employer recently sent me an email requesting "exact specifics" of why I was going to see my doctor. I'm thinking this may violate HIPAA laws, right to privacy? Thanks for your help... ...

Can I sue for slandering? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a neighbor who is constantly stateing false information about myself and my husband. She has gone as far as filing false accusations in court, my question is can I sue for slandering? Please help :o :confused:

Employer paid too much [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about vested interests. My former employer paid me 100% of the vested interest in my 401K instead of 40%. I was unaware of this at the time and I am still not sure it is in fact true as the dollar amount they say they paid me does not match my records. I just received a letter...

View more questions Search