Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bosnian Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Oct 27, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Give up parental rights
    :confused: how des a father go on about giving up his parental rights in Iowa
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 03:08 PM
    By having someone else adopt the child.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Oct 27, 2007, 03:19 PM
    As s-cianci says the only way for a parent to give up their right to a child is if someone is ready to adopt that child.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 27, 2007, 03:24 PM
    And don't forget, even if you are able to give up your rights, you will still be responsible for child support until the child is adopted.

Giving up rights ONLY means giving up your right to make decisions regarding the health and welfare of the child in question.
    famlee Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Oct 27, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Child Welfare Handbook - Chapter 22 - Termination of Parental Rights

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I give up all parental rights [ 11 Answers ]

OK I'm a father, but I'm getting divorced my ex wants me to pay child support but I don't have the money to give I heard that I can sgin a paper giving up all rlghts to my 2 year old child and I won't have to pay child support how do I go about doing that?? Help

How do you give up parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

The biological father of my sisters son wants to give up all rights. This is also what She wants because he has had nothing to do with his son since he has been born. She doesn't want no child support from him. Is there certain things she has to do to Start the procedure. For example, do they...

Should I give up my parental rights? [ 3 Answers ]

Well here is the thing I have a child with my ex-girlfriend and she has not allowed me to see my daughter in over a year. Now that doesn't mean that I haven't wanted to see her its just that I just now found out that she is back in town after moving out of state over a year ago against court...

Give up my parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is paul and I have a problem. Me and my ex girlfriend have a son together. My son will be 2 years old dec. 27 and I have not seen him since he was 8 months old. The mother has taken me for child support. I never received a court notice to go to court so it ended up in a default...

Give up parental rights [ 7 Answers ]

My mother has requested that I give up my rights to my children but she keeps stalling how can I get things going? Don't we both just have to sign some papers since we both agree it shouldn't be that hard. Right?

View more questions Search