Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Scanty symptoms!
    Hey guys! I just found out I was preggy this week and as of today I am 4 weeks and 5 days! I had a m/c back in June so I feel VERY nervous this time around. I had symptoms prior to testing such as fatigue, headaches, bloating, and at times, achy breasts and urinating more. It seems like as soon as I took the HPT my symptoms starting fading a bit. I still get a little tired and I might get a headache every now and then but it's just not as strong feeling. This scares me so bad and I just need some encouraging words! Is this normal?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 27, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Congratulations!!

Yes, it's normal. Your symptoms may bounce back and forth for a while before they totally go away. Some of us have no symptoms at all. Count your blessings!!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
    You are normal! Take more time to rest, your body needs this. Talk to your doctor about anything to take to help with the headaches and achiness. Just wait until the cravings kick in! Take your vitamins and blah blah blah. Most of all, enjoy this time and hope you are getting pampered at home. Hugsssssssss.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 12:16 PM
    :) Thanks to both of you guys!! I feel better now! Every little thing makes me so nervous; I just feel like I should be feeling more pregnant than I do now I guess, haha! Your comments really help take a load off though! Thanks again and hugs to both of yah!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Congrats! :)

Yes, it is normal... for most women, pregnancy symptoms are strong in the beginning and then often fade.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Its completely normal, and as for you feeling like you should "feel more pregnant" most women don't feel "true symptoms" until around 6-8 weeks or so... so I wouldn't worry. First trimester really sticnks because you don't really feel pregnant per say, just sick and bloated, its kind of like PMS on steroids until around 12-14 weeks, and even then, you probably won't feel trully pregnant until either you feell the baby move (anywhere between 16-20 weeks depending on if its your first child or not) or you see it on an ultrasound (most likely at 20 weeks unless you are labelled high risk or the doctor requests it)
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Thanks you guys! This has helped ease my thoughts bunches!! :) :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Not a problem. Best of luck to you! Relax and enjoy the ride. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 08:26 PM
    I shall try! Haha! I'm such a worry wart though! ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 10:31 PM
    We all are, esp. the first time around..
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 11:40 PM
    Oooohh yeah! Haha!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are these symptoms? [ 20 Answers ]

Hey all I'm 19 and have convinced myself I'm pregnant. I did have un protected sex on 20th of march (we were not trying for a baby). And since then I've been freaking out. In the last 2 days though I have calmed down and now want the baby, I think if I get a negative result I would acctually be...

I have these symptoms don't know what it is. [ 11 Answers ]

Hello... Well I've had these syptoms since Tuesday. I started getting a burn in my stomach, even when I would eat, it's still be there. My appetite has decreased, and when I think about eating, I feel like throwing up. But I do eat, but less. But then the feeling is still there. Now since a day or...

Symptoms of what? [ 3 Answers ]

For the past week and a half, I've been waking with nausea, and throughout the day, I am unable to eat, I also have a strong fatigue feeling. I don't believe I am pregnant because I have had my period this past week. Should I see a doctor?

Are these symptoms? [ 4 Answers ]

My last period started on May 20th and I haven't had a period since. My husband and I were going to try start trying to conceive in July. We did start a little early as we had unprotected sex on June 18th. We did not think anything could come of that since it was so close to what should have...

Symptoms [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I'm 19 years old and well I've been waking up very thirsty in the morning everyday for a long time now, and I always go urinating frequently during they day. But I also drink plenty of water through out the day.infact, I only drink water instead of any juice or soda. Even if I drink water to...

View more questions Search