Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommateach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Switching the jack to main phone line
    Hi! A few years ago, I got a phone line for my daughter's room/computer. My daughter is in college and now we have cable. I cancelled the 2nd line now.:o I would like to change the jack back to the main number without calling the phone company and paying a bajillion dollars! What do I do? :o
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Take a cordless phone plugged into YOUR Line, go to Outside Phone box,
    You should have 4 places where wires connect, 2 are line 1, 2 are line 2.
    Red and green is usually line 1, yellow and black is usually line 2.
    With cordless, remove 2 wires so you don't lose dial tone, those would be the 2 that went to her room. Now connect those 2 wires to the 2 already connected.
    If wire colors are different, come back.
    Red and yellow tie together, as does green and black.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewiring second phone line to connect to main line. [ 7 Answers ]

I have two separate phone lines in home.. main line and second line in bedroom #2. I am cancelling my second line number as I will be using DSL in that room where computer is at. Phone company said I could rewire jack in bedroom #2 to connect to main line and could do this myself, but need some...

Changing disconnected phone line to same number as phone line that is active [ 3 Answers ]

If you can help I will vote for you... for any office... state or government! We have two separate phone lines. One for one room and one for another. One of the lines was cut off at our request by the phone company. We want to make the disconnected line active again and work on the same number...

Wiring a 2nd phone line into a regular phone line? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. A long time ago, I had a phone jack installed in my room to be used for a 2nd phone line. Well, we shut off the 2nd phone line, so now I have a phone jack in my room that is basically out of order. I'm trying to turn it into a regular phone jack. This jack has never been a regular wired phone...

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

Rewire second phone line to main [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a second phone line for my computer, I am dropping the second line and getting DSL. How do I rewire that second line to my main line? Thank you.

View more questions Search