Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Gnat invasion. Inside house.
    Hey you, my wife and I are having a problem with gnats in the house today and yesterday. Is there a solution recipe to mix to attract / kill the little critters?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Hey Mowerman! I was thinking about you this morning wondering how you were doing with your coyote problem.
    It seems that the gnat or fruit fly problem is rampant this year. I have spoken with friends in other parts of the country and they are all having this issue. So am I. Very frustrating. Every year it is a different insect. For this problem, I keep it simple. I check all the windows & doors to see if there is an area they are getting in or congregating on. Usually on a sunny day they will be hanging around in a group on one of the windows looking as if they are trying to get out. I just use a can of flying insect spray I pick up from Walmarts or Home Depot. Anything that kills all flying insects. Spray down those windows first. Make sure you have gotten all the animals and people out of the room you are working in before you spray. If you need to spray the entire house, do it in sections so you aren't overwhelmed by the fumes. You need to do this for a good couple of weeks to make sure that you have managed to get through at least one life cycle and have killed off the offspring from whatever eggs might have been laid. This is really the cheapest method and although time consuming, it is the most effective. It is also a pain cleaning up after spraying but there really isn't any way around it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C seems to work fine but inside house is humid [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 month old Goodman 2 ton package unit (13 seer). Unit seems to work fine. But lately, the inside of the house seems humid all the time. Everything is sticky, and the air is humid and not dry like it should be. What should I look for to solve this problem?

Invasion of privacy? [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know if installing a web cam in a bar with no notification to the public that it is there constitutes an invasion of privacy? If so, what needs to be done to allow the bar to install said web cam? Thanks,

Sewer Odor Inside House [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I've been reading through previous posts and have found similar situations but nothing matching up to our problem exactly. We have a sewer odor in the house that seems to involve several variables. Here's as much info as I can give: The house was built over 100 years ago. We rent the...

My dog is urinating inside the house [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have a 1 1/2 years old labrador retriever. We have him since we were a 4 months puppy. He started his training when he was 8 months. He is a good dog but he has some behaivor problems. Over the last couple of months he has been urinating in some specific places in the house, like...

Sewer odor inside house [ 1 Answers ]

I have noticed an sewer odor inside my house lately after the heavy rain storm. I have looked for any leaks where the sink is, but have not found any. Could the odor be coming from the sewage? How can I tell? If so, then what can I do to get rid of it? Any help would be a appreciated. Thanks.

View more questions Search