Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joe Thomas Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2005, 04:05 AM
    60" bathtub in a 60" space
    11/07/05
    Recently we (as a family) decided to upgrade our 60’s guest bathroom. We removed the 60” cast iron tub (in pieces) and removed the rest of the fixtures in the bathroom. A four (4) piece 60” tub enclosure was purchased to replace the old tub. The bathroom walls are concrete block with plaster over them. The floor is concrete slab. The bathroom is 61” wide (behind the plaster). I have already sawed out the area in the slab for the drain and will install new plumbing fixtures when the tub is installed. The problem is getting the new tub in where the old one came out. Is it possible to install a 60” fiberglass tub where a 60” cast iron unit came out? It looks like there should be a way to do it for upgrades but I haven’t figured that part out yet. Is there something that I am not seeing? Or will I have to cut a wall to slide the tub in where it is supposed to be?
    Thanks and all suggestions are welcome. Joe Thomas
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2005, 06:51 AM
    First step is to put a tape on it and make sure it really is 60''. Even in a 61'' room, you are not going to be able to turn it. It will have to come in an opening turned the way you want it. Might get a better answer if you posted this to plumbing. There is an guy there that knows all the tricks.
    Joe Thomas Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2005, 07:24 AM
    60" bathtub in a 60" space
    Thanks labman,
    I am new here as you can tell... LOL. Thanks for the pointer to the right direction. I have just place it in the plumbing area.
    Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Firefox toolbar customizaton: "flexible space" [ 1 Answers ]

Nothing in Help for the "flexible space"... I thought if I put one in there, I could stretch it to be as wide as I like... but it does not stretch. All it really is is a skinny space. What exactly is the flexible space and how do I use it? Thanks!

Fianc?e needs a break/space/"a nap" [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all, first time poster here, so I apologize if I break any of the rules :confused: . My fiancée and I met about 3 years ago and started dating 1.5 years ago. After 4 months we were engaged and had planned to get married in Summer 2007 (I want to finish college). After a year of being...

60" bathtub in a 60" space [ 5 Answers ]

11/07/05 Recently we (as a family) decided to upgrade our 60’s guest bathroom. We removed the 60” cast iron tub (in pieces) and removed the rest of the fixtures in the bathroom. A four (4) piece 60” tub enclosure was purchased to replace the old tub. The bathroom walls are concrete block with...

View more questions Search