Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC
    TY,

But I think I was looking for something alone the lines of,

Weird Al Yankavik singing a Bee Gees song 'Tragedy' but in Gravity form...;)
    LMAO... I understand! I really do sweet... :D
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Nov 7, 2007, 05:51 PM
    I just came to realize through a dream yesterday how afraid I am of worms... possibly of all slimy things. Well I might even say it's a phobia or not sure... in the dream, I had someone pour a bucket of worms on me and I couldn't stand the feel of it nor just knowing what was on me. I screamed and screamed perhaps even while sleeping. That must've led me to wake up. I have tremendous fear of touching an eartworm. Let alone have it wriggle in my hand or anywhere on my body even on top of clothes. Anyone with me??
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by METERRE
    I just came to realize through a dream yesterday how afraid i am of worms...possibly of all slimy things. Well i might even say it's a phobia or not sure....in the dream, i had someone pour a bucket of worms on me and i couldn't stand the feel of it nor just knowing what was on me. I screamed and screamed perhaps even while sleeping. That must've led me to wake up. I have tremendous fear of touching an eartworm. Let alone have it wriggle in my hand or anywhere on my body even on top of clothes. Anyone with me???
    Sounds like a good phobia.

I have a 4 foot fox snake living here and I had a fear of them for many years till we got her(a young snake from the wild,attacked by a dog and rescued,only to be donated to the first lucky folks who would take her in,, yes her):)

I also love a friends pet Mexican tarantula, now that's a really cool pet,and I HATE the house spiders all throughout my home(Barn)

Ken
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 7, 2007, 03:43 AM
    These I share with you...
    Achluophobia- Fear of darkness.
    Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
    Coimetrophobia- Fear of cemeteries... but they are to interesting to not go in them :)
    Harpaxophobia- Fear of being robbed.
    Lilapsophobia- Fear of tornadoes and hurricanes... been through some bad ones,they are no fun
    Virginitiphobia- Fear of rape.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:14 AM
    To be honest here,

When I was in college, I feared not making "A"s.

Crazy is it?lol
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Not crazy, it would be nicer if more of the students had that fear!
    How is it I can get that kind of fear into my children? Please NiceGirl, tell me what your parents did? LOL
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:19 AM
    I think it's more of a culture thing. They compare their chidren to each others'.

When I was in Japan in my high school , they put the final grades /rankings on the wall of our classrooms.

I have parents' meetings every month, all the grades and rankings are shown to everyone!

It could be illegal here in the US... lol... but it is just how it is in Japan.

Our high family value is expressed by not letting our parents be disappointed.
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:22 AM
    I do realize that, I think it is wonderful. Good girl sweet, keep up the good work. Remember though, you should only want to impress yourself now, you are a woman!
    When you do, it impresses others. Hugs!
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Dec 13, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    A fear of going into ocean waters......I will die of a shark attack, I jsut know it...I dream about it....
    even in the bath tub I get the sickest feeling form it.....our pool, yes, and the river...
    And people, I know there are no sharks in there...BUT....

Spiders for me too sweet...

When I was young my brother told me there were sharks in the sewer and they could come up the drain and eat your leg off if the drain isn't plugged. Even now if I take a bath I won't open the drain until I'm out of the water. Since I always rinse off in the shower after a bath I have to get out of the tub, wait for all the water to drain then get back in to use the shower. Weird I know.
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Stone you don't sound weird at all, remember the first Star Trek, and the bad guys put all those weird robot bug things in the god guys' outfits with the space helmets on and they went through their noses, ears, and eyes? Well, that is right where it all started for me.

Sharks, well, I dream that is how I die, so I figure I will wait till I am 90 to go swimming in the ocean! LOL
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Not crazy, it would be nicer if more of the students had that fear!
    Nobody aims to do badly,if we all had that fear a lot of people would be living it
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:36 AM
    True albear, you got that right. :)
    madmad Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 09:27 PM
    I have a fear of people chasing me up the stairs,
    Getting my nose broken!
    And someone attempting to shave my tongue:O
    Weird I know!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 10:43 PM
    I could probably work up a fear of tapeworms if I really tried... :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lizard phobia [ 3 Answers ]

I am scared very much with lizards.What is solution

Social phobia [ 6 Answers ]

After 20 years of living in depression, I'm up to my wits! I am beginning to deal with it although there is one major problem that perhaps my depression revolves around. I have a deep fear of speaking to people. Even people I know. My heart jumps and I freak out. I've always been like that. I know...

Commitment phobia [ 5 Answers ]

hi, I and my guy have been together for 10 and a half years. we have parted several times for short durations but keep coming back to each other. we really love each other but we have recently realised that he is commitment phobic...how do we overcome this..he is willing to but we don't know what...

Commitment Phobia? [ 24 Answers ]

I am dating someone that I believe has Commitment Phobia. He knows that he has commitment issues and knows that he has to work on them. I just received the whole, "we should slow things down" phrase right when he told me that his feelings were very very strong and that he likes me more than a...

Commitment phobia? [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of this? I was reading about how often the person in the relationship with this issue will come up with reasons as to why you shouldn't be together. However, they don't give you a reason. My boyfriend of almost two years did this my guess is because of two bad past...

View more questions Search