Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    Ohhh i have a phobia like out of no where everythig is just gonna go completely black! and idk...
    Ever saw the movie 1408? Or read the book?
    What haapaned to the man is everything I fear
    that movie was awesome, one of the best thrillers I've seen in ages,(not better than the 28 weeks later though), the one thing I didn't get was the random guy who kept popping up , u know the one I mean
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Anything that is small and crawls. Besides dogs, cats and little babies lol lol lol

Old house basements especially without any light.

Joe
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Joe,
    Me too.
    Basements without lights and alone.. Eeeeeeeeek.

Must be too many horror movies:).
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Firm,

For some reason I have been like that since I was a kid. My mother and even little sister have the same thing. It is kind of weird when you think about it.

Glad I am not the only one lol
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Joe,
    We have never had basements in any of our houses.

Did you have some sort of bad experience in one,maybe along with your sister?
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2007, 02:50 PM
    I am 31 and my little sister is 17.

As far as basements, I do not know what it is but Darkness and basements, I do not know what to tell you.

I remember as a teenager turning on all the lights as I was going down stairs and bringing my dog down with me whenever I had to go down. It must be deep seeded from something, Maybe from family? Or something else. Not sure.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    I am 31 and my little sister is 17.

As far as basements, I do not know what it is but Darkness and basements, I do not know what to tell you.

I remember as a teenager turning on all the lights as I was going down stairs and bringing my dog down with me whenever I had to go down. It must be deep seeded from something, Maybe from family? Or something else. Not sure.
    I think somebody has been watching too many scary movies lol
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Joe,
    me too.
    Basements without lights and alone..Eeeeeeeeek.

Must be too many horror movies:).
    You watch horror movies? Oh my goodness, I haven't seen one in oh probably 5 or 6 years... I would pee my pants!
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 28, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Hmmmm my biggest fears rite now would probably be
    Deadlines
    Failure
    People learning my secrets/shames etc
    Meeting my long distance girlfriend face to face
    Tall buildings (when you look up and they are swaying in the wind its scary!)
    Rejection
    Me not being worthy of people
    I also used to be terrified of looking at windows/mirrors at night, because I was afraid I mite see something looking in. (I had to walk around the house when I leave my room at night with my head down to avoid looking at windows/mirrors lolz)
    Its weird, my fears tend to be more social than physical :s
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 11:08 PM
    Speaking of strange... now that you mention it... sometimes, while lying in bed in the darkness, I start imagining that there is a deadly poison snake like a ten foot Cobra, at the foot of the bed and it is starting to slither up, up, up just looking for the best place to bite me. Then I start telling myself, reassuing myself that there is no possible way that could happen. Then, I scream real loud and climb on top of my wife shaking her and screaming, "Snake! Help! Snake! Snake! She jumps up and starts hitting me with a shoe and then she pulls the covers all the way back and we don't find a snake and then we go to sleep. With the light on.
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Oct 28, 2007, 11:18 PM
    Anyone know if fear of deep water and the ocean even just a deep pool go away if or when you learn how to swim?? Cause when I was a little girl I would be afraid of a bucket half full of water. I don't know how to swim.
    And I share the fear of lonely dark basements and attics and just the dark.
    I don't know if to call it phobia or just fear, but I get really nervous when I have to be amongst many people especially if I have any attention of a big crowd. I am not completely phobic of small tight spaces but I don't like them.
    I have a fear of walking down the street or alley at night and have someone unknown following me and/or grabbing me from the back.
    And sometimes, depending on where or when, I fear open spaces.
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Oct 28, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, x:

I don't like this. I'm finding out that I'm weird. Ok, Ok - before you start - I know YOU people have known that I’m weird for a LONG time, but I'm just finding out.

I'm also Agoraphobic - Fear of open spaces or of being in crowded, public places like markets. Fear of leaving a safe place.

I don't like crowds. I'll go to a game, but I get nervous. I'll avoid crowded restaurants (which could be because I'm too hungry to wait). I absolutely avoid parades and stuff where I'm hemmed in by people. I HATE that.

I don't like open spaces. I love tunnels. I love country roads that meander with a canopy of trees COVERING the road. I love the rain. I live in Seattle, and I love the cloud cover. I had an MRI recently. I loved it in there.

OMG. I'm falling apart.

excon
    excon... do you mean you live in Seattle, WA?? If so, do you know you're only about 200 or so miles away from me?? By the way I like Seattle a lot, just that whenever I go it's rainy or cloudy. Oh and one of my other fears is to never get to see sunshine again.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by METERRE
    Anyone know if fear of deep water and the ocean even just a deep pool go away if or when you learn how to swim??? Cause when i was a little girl i would be afraid of a bucket half full of water. I don't know how to swim.
    And i share the fear of lonely dark basements and attics and just the dark.
    I don't know if to call it phobia or just fear, but i get really nervous when i have to be amongst many people especially if i have any attention of a big crowd. I am not completely phobic of small tight spaces but i don't like them.
    I have a fear of walking down the street or alley at night and have someone unknown following me and/or grabbing me from the back.
    And sometimes, depending on where or when, i fear open spaces.
    Met,
    I know someone who used to fear water,but went for swimming lessons for beginners and from there went onto be a water lover.
    Maybe not the deep oceans,but yes she goes swimming in the shallow waters nearer to the beach.

I wouldn't call my uneasiness in complete darkness a phobia either, it just makes me uncomfortable and I am not the sweating panic attack type when it comes to basements either.It just is an uneasiness.

I second your thoughts on dark alleys and walking alone at night too.:eek:
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 02:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Speaking of strange...now that you mention it...sometimes, while lying in bed in the darkness, I start imagining that there is a deadly poison snake like a ten foot Cobra, at the foot of the bed and it is starting to slither up, up, up just looking for the best place to bite me. Then I start telling myself, reassuing myself that there is no possible way that could happen. Then, I scream real loud and climb on top of my wife shaking her and screaming, "Snake! Help! Snake! Snake! She jumps up and starts hitting me with a shoe and then she pulls the covers all the way back and we don't find a snake and then we go to sleep. With the light on.
    Mag!
    Are you serious..? :rolleyes:
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 29, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Arachnaphobia and Clusterphobic (sp?)
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 06:14 AM
    How about Dumasaphobia - fear of stupid people

My boss has a fear of bananas. I was told this by another co-worker. I now pack one for lunch everyday and keep it on my desk. She has avoided my area for several weeks.

I have a form of claustrophobia. It's not the small place so much, I could get stuck in an elevator by myself and be fine, but if the elevator is crowded, I am miserable. I hate the feeling of having someone breathe down my neck.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Mag!
    Are you serious...??:rolleyes:
    Serious as a heart attack! Sometimes it's Scorpions.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Mag... for me it is some mechanical bug that starts to feel around your toes and drills it's way under your toe nails... then it makes it through your whole body... I don't know what happens after that but I know they are real... at least I start to think it when my mind let's me... WOW, this thread is killing me!
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Is there anyone out there who has a phobia of being asked about phobias?

Oh well! I am sure that person will be too far away to answer.. no harm in asking though.;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Is there anyone out there who has a phobia of being asked about phobias??

Oh well!! I am sure that person will be too far away to answer..no harm in asking though.;)
    Probably anyone on this site that hasn't answered this question yet! LOL;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lizard phobia [ 3 Answers ]

I am scared very much with lizards.What is solution

Social phobia [ 6 Answers ]

After 20 years of living in depression, I'm up to my wits! I am beginning to deal with it although there is one major problem that perhaps my depression revolves around. I have a deep fear of speaking to people. Even people I know. My heart jumps and I freak out. I've always been like that. I know...

Commitment phobia [ 5 Answers ]

hi, I and my guy have been together for 10 and a half years. we have parted several times for short durations but keep coming back to each other. we really love each other but we have recently realised that he is commitment phobic...how do we overcome this..he is willing to but we don't know what...

Commitment Phobia? [ 24 Answers ]

I am dating someone that I believe has Commitment Phobia. He knows that he has commitment issues and knows that he has to work on them. I just received the whole, "we should slow things down" phrase right when he told me that his feelings were very very strong and that he likes me more than a...

Commitment phobia? [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of this? I was reading about how often the person in the relationship with this issue will come up with reasons as to why you shouldn't be together. However, they don't give you a reason. My boyfriend of almost two years did this my guess is because of two bad past...

View more questions Search