Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cleopatra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2005, 12:42 AM
    The Death of Cleopatra
    Does anyone know of any information on a painting called "The Death of Cleopatra" by Jacques Louis David or possibly one of his students or at least a neoclassic painter, probably French, in the style of David.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2005, 03:46 AM
    Is this the one you are speaking of?:
    http://www.postershop.co.uk/Rixens-J...a-2505439.html
    cleopatra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2005, 04:22 AM
    Cleopatra
    Very nice find but it is the one by Jean Andre Rixens in 1874 hanging in Toulouse Museum. Would welcome any others esp. Early 17th - Early 19th century. Exs,

Can'd find:
    Suicide of Cleoptra : 1621 : Giovanni Fransesco Barbieri
    The Death of Cleopatra: 1660 : Guido Cagnacci
    Jean-Leon Gerome's from 1824

Thanks Though
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2005, 05:37 AM
    I did not find any by David himself, and that one kept coming up in my searches -so just thought I'd ask.

Sorry I couldn't help more :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have You Had a Near Death Experience? [ 3 Answers ]

Presented below is my "near death" experience. Those of you who have truly had one, please share your experience. Dr. O.S. Hawkins used to say, "An inward impression, without an outward expression, is depression." That's part of the reason why I wanted to share with you the "near death"...

Question about after death [ 5 Answers ]

My son died almost two years ago and I have a couple of questions that didn't even hit me until recently. Though it may seem masochistic, I need some more information on time of death. The death certificate just states when he was pronounced at the hospital. Anyone with helpful information please...

Question about After death [ 1 Answers ]

My son died almost two years ago and I have a couple of questions that didn't even hit me until recently. Though it may seem masochistic, I need some more information on time of death. The death certificate just states when he was pronounced at the hospital. Anyone with helpful information...

My Moms Death [ 7 Answers ]

Im 14 years old and my mom died on July 21, 2005. She and my dad were both alcoholics and she died only a couple months after my sister and I moved into my grandparents and my dad started his recovery. My mom lived in South Carolina and I lived w/ my dad, brother, and sister in California. She had...

View more questions Search