Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvislife Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 08:38 PM
    How to I get him to quit?
    Hello everyone. I have recently found out that the love of my life chews tobacco. What should or could I do to get him to stop. I have read a few things about what the side effects are and have saw a picture of a guy that was accicted & ended up looking really badly. I really don't want my boyfriend to end up looking like this guy did. What can I say or do to get him to quit?
    Bassdrop Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Let him know that you don't like that he chews tobacco it and that it'd make you really happy if he quit, but don't try to force him into quitting. He has to genuinely want to quit in order to be able to do so.

It's something that he has to do on his own -- if you badger him about it, it'll probably never happen. If/when he's ready to quit, be sure to give him all the support he needs and lots of words of encouragement in order to improve his chances of success.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 12:53 PM
    There is no way you can possibly "make him" quit, he can and will only quit if and when he really wants to.

Dec 9, 2007, 01:08 PM
    obvistly there is no way to MAKE him quit... & thanks for the advice... it would mean the world if he quit but i guess it just takes time :(
    roogirl Posts: 69, Reputation: 18

Feb 23, 2008, 01:18 AM
    There's not much you can do other than love and accept him for who he is warts and all. If you can't do that, then it's not true love.

Show him the picture of that bloke that chews tobacco and leave it at that. He will quit only when he's good and ready.

Feb 24, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Addicted*** not accicted

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to quit [ 7 Answers ]

I want to quit school I have been thinking about it for like 9 months I am 16 and 3 months.I live with my boyfriend and my parents really haven't been there for me in my childhood and have been through drug problems.I basically grew up to fast.but in my family that's normal believe me I've been...

Should I take emergency leave of absence and then quit or just quit immediately? [ 4 Answers ]

I have to leave job for which I did not have time to notify my employer 2 weeks before I quit. My planes changed so fast. I have to quit immediately, but I I still have my shift schedule for tomorrow. I work at Starbucks as barista. Should I make call and tell them that my car broke and cannot come...

How do I quit [ 13 Answers ]

OK so I work at this privatley owned business!! It is an answering service for funeral homes all over the country!! I was a cheerleader threw high school and it is my asst coaches parents business!! So I have always been close with them because I cheered with my ast coach freshman and eighth grade...

I Quit! [ 7 Answers ]

My Official Resignation I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like teddy to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year old again. Bugs Bunny is smart... and he is my friend too.

I quit! [ 2 Answers ]

OK I finally dropped-out of high school.I talked to my mom about it and of course she was all like crying but now she understands my point of view.she wants me to get my ged and I want to.but why do you have to be out of school for 3 months to do this?does anyone know where I can get good ged...

View more questions Search