Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Red_dragon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 04:49 PM
    1990 honda civic gets fuel +spark runs fine when it starts but turn off won't start
    I drive a 1990 honda civic ex 1.6 OK here goes sometimes it will start and run perfect no problems but it seems like when it gets hot or you drive for 30 minutes or so you turn it off and go back to start it and all it does is crank when it does this it is getting spark and gas I have replaced fuel filter and ignition coil to no avail and the ecu does not give me any error codes nor does the check engine light come on I think there might be a short in the wires that go to the distrubitor/ignition coil please help I need this car to get to work
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 05:07 PM
    I would replace the Ignition Control Module:

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

Here's how to replace it:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 Honda Civic 1.5 DX won't start!HELP! [ 134 Answers ]

OK I recently bought a 1990 honda civic hb 5speed non v-tec... it won't start and if it does it doesn't stay running long at all. Replaced the distributor and put a brand new computer in it... still won't run.. I'm getting spark into the distributor but none out... any ideas? Thanks in advance

1989 Honda civic won't start! ( No SPark) [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everybody, My name is Leeboy! I am building or finished building a 1989 Honda civic entry level stock car for my girlfriend. I took all interior parts out( I left all the original wiring and harness for at this level we have to have lights and keep everything in original order) and installed a...

Why won't my 92 honda civic start even after replacing the main fuel relay? [ 3 Answers ]

My honda is still not getting fuel,even after replacing the main fuel/pump relay. I can't hear the fuel pump come on. It took several tries 2 days ago, now it won't get fuel at all. Should I replace the fuel pump? Do they act up a few times then die? I might add that when the car wouldn't start...

1990 Honda Civic won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am totally stumped with this, I have a 1990 Honda Civic with a 1989 Acura Integra Engine in it (Engine Swap), and it won't start. Nothing works, the lights, the radio, hazards, defogger absolutely nothing. Of course your thinking the battery is dead but I checked the battery and it...

Civic 2000,fuel and spark, no start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Civic 1.6 ,single cam ,that quit running.Engine turns over,good battery,fuel pump runs,injectors get fuel and signal to open and close.Also, it has spark and the engine timing is fine, but it does not start.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

View more questions Search